Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: KB or Pulte or MI or....

KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8196

• preethajagan
  • preethajagan's Avatar Topic Author
So many builders, drastic mixed reviews online, I need your input!
Okay, so we checked out KB homes and they seem wonderful, very customizable and contemporary. But the school is Cedar Forks(which is not the highest rated).
Pulte is so rigid about customizing with very few options inside their homes.
We are yet to check out MI this week.

How many of you are in KB homes? I would love an unbiased opinion about how good these homes are, after 4-5 years of living in them.
Also, do you know of any new developments coming up in Davis/Green Hope Elem school zones?
When you bought your house, did you do some research about what kind of land it's on- ex: on a graveyard, on a previously water basin, etc?

TYIA!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8198

• Jaya
Hi
I live in KB homes & their construction & options are great but that was 2 years ago now their standard seems to have fallen but better than Pulte any given day.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8204

• preethajagan
Thanks Jaya!
Anybody else?

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8224

• preethajagan
I would really appreciate some help regarding this..Please share your detailed reviews about these builders or if you know better ones!

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8235

• Rishu
Hi!

We recently bought a home by M/I Homes. We did a lot of research on KB, Pulte, Standard Pacific, Lennar but finally went in for M/I as we got all that we wanted.
We just adore it and are very happy.
M/I home has great customer service, regular home inspections, structural warranty and excellent financing.
You should surely give M/I homes a thought.
All the Best.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8237

• Rishu
And I forgot to add that the school here is the Mills Park Elementary/ Middle, Cary and is one of the top most rated schools among all Wake County Schools.

And in my last post I was talking about 30 yrs transferable structural warranty.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8259

• preethajagan
Thank a lot Rishu!
That is useful info.
I have still not checked out MI, but we would love feedback from somebody who lives in a KB home..?

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8260

M/I Homes is one of the Best . We looked at all the other builders and M/I offered most them as standard whereas other builders offer as options.
We live in Bexley at weston - one of the top notch neighbourhood in Weston Point.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8261

• preethajagan
Thanks cheemanus. I contacted MI and they only have one subdivision coming up right now with Mills Park Elem as the school and it seems too pricey.
Any comments on Twin Lakes?

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8267

• Ranjan
Hi!

Twin Lakes is not the best place to move.
Its too over crowded with hardly any space between the houses. Children dont have much place to play.
Even after buying a single family house here at Twin Lakes, I still feel I'm living in my old townhome. The feeling of living in a Single family is missing here even though you spent so much on the house, the houses look just like dabbas.
I'm looking to move as soon as my 3 years are over to a better community.
I too enquired about M/I homes but I found the rates better there when you compare it with the houses at twin lakes + after adding the basic upgrades.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 8 months ago #8387

• preethajagan
Thank Ranjan. We thought kids could make friends easily at Twin Lakes since I heard there are many Indian families there.
How about Cary/Apex area? I mean near the MI - Stonebridge community? Any of you live on that side and send your kids to school there? We are worried about being left out and not be able to make any friends if we chose West Cary..

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 7 months ago #8637

• hari
Any one have any opinions on providence place ?

I like the plans....please let me know any absurd negative things that might help me decide..

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 7 months ago #8639

• cemetry
some homes are built on dead bodies. This place is near to cemetry. so full of ghosts around and in your home during night times.

hari wrote:

I like the plans....please let me know any absurd negative things that might help me decide..

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 7 months ago #8641

• Jaya
sorry I felt compelled to reply.........most lots in all neighborhoods are small & feel like living in townhomes but Twin lakes is certainly centrally located & cant beat its amenities.
groceries are right at door step, temples are few minutes away & most restaurants are right there & let me tell u this kids have a blast with other kids in our neighborhoods.......halloween time is festive look & even diwali is celebrated by HOA.

getting to highways 40 & 540 is just minutes away.

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 7 months ago #8642

• samosa
cemetry wrote:

some homes are built on dead bodies. This place is near to cemetry. so full of ghosts around and in your home during night times.

the good thing is that you don't have to go to mall on Halloween

heck! you don't even have to wait a full year for Halloween

and guests don't stay more than one night

and those scary movies on TV look so real

Re:KB or Pulte or MI or.... 13 years 7 months ago #8644

• Unlogged
Oh!! My God!! Any photu / video to prove your claim?

@ Samosa - :laugh:

O.k one observation about Providence - Home prices are not appreciated. Check few home prices.

cemetry wrote:

hari wrote:

Davis Village 13 years 7 months ago #8654

I noticed there is new community coming up in Davis drive and the name is Davis Village.May be its too early to ask this question,but i want to know if this is good place to consider for buying home.As per the Ad i noticed they are planning to build Town homes and Single Family homes.Any clue what could be the price range for the town homes in this area ?

Re:Davis Village 13 years 7 months ago #8655

• NPR
Where exactly is this on davis drive? At what intersection?

NRR wrote:

I noticed there is new community coming up in Davis drive and the name is Davis Village.May be its too early to ask this question,but i want to know if this is good place to consider for buying home.As per the Ad i noticed they are planning to build Town homes and Single Family homes.Any clue what could be the price range for the town homes in this area ?

Re:Davis Village 13 years 7 months ago #8661

• NRR
Near to the intersection of Morrisville Carpentar rd and Davis Drive.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds