Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Homes in West Cary/Apex with Indian community

New Homes in West Cary/Apex with Indian community 7 years 3 months ago #29468

• srini1980
  • srini1980's Avatar Topic Author
We are looking for new construction homes with unfinished/finished basement with first floor guest suite in the West Cary/Apex Area in the $600-$650k range.

Based on my research,I have narrowed it down to these 3 options

1) Pulte Greenmoor
2) Standard Pacific - Crestmont
3) Toll Brothers - Pines at Wake Crossing
Please let me know your thoughts (pros/cons). They would be much appreciated.

The enclave (toll brothers )seems to be in the $800k+ range with basements and is out of my price range.

Crestmont seems to have 8 foot ceilings on the 2nd floor and basements seem to be very rare to get in this area (the estates option) under $750k.Pulte Greenmoor prices are still not clear. Toll Brothers seems to be the best (among these 3 in terms of value - better brand /construction quality relatively) because they still seem to have a few basement lots remaining.

I drove through Crestmont and found that quite a few homes have been constructed already and the lots are tiny and congested.The homes are literally right next to each other.Pulte Greenmoor seems to be in the same direction.

We are leaning towards Toll Brothers at the moment,waiting for some good lots to open up. The good lots seem to be taken already.

We are new to the area and highly appreciate feedback from locals here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Homes in West Cary/Apex with Indian community 7 years 3 months ago #29480

The communities you mentioned are in Apex,but command top dollar since for all real estate purposes it is Cary and share the new elementary school with W Cary.The new White Oak elementary is the base school for this area and should be a 10/10 school soon.This is one of the most upscale and best locations with desi population in the Triangle. I see that you are looking for a basement.

Based on my research, it is hard to find lots with basements in the triangle due to the type of soil here. The basement lots sell at a very high premium here in the triangle whether they are finished/unfinished and get sold first. If you are particular about direction then it makes it even more difficult to get a good lot.

Toll brothers is supposedly a premium builder (not custom) and prices are much higher than the regular national tract Lennar,Pulte,Standard Pacific,etc, in areas like Washington D.C. But here in the Triangle they are pricing competitively with Lennar, Pulte (around 10-$15k more)
Walkout basements are definitely better than in ground or walk up basements. I believe all the walk out basement lots are sold out in the Pines at Wake Crossing community. If you don't feel like shelling out an additional 10-15k you can always go with Standard Pacific. Standard pacific builds very fast in this area but has very tiny lots in Crestmont Classic plans - which are priced quite high for what they offer (fake tray ceilings, 8 ft ceilings on second floor etc).Based on the current market trends, the real estate market continues its upward trend in the triangle inspite of higher interest rates due to rapid influx of people from other parts of the country and very low inventory of old homes in good locations.

Bottomline - even 650k might not be able to fetch you a new home in the west cary/apex area (green level church rd) with a good lot size/walk out basement.For that price point you would be better off looking at resales in that location or at other newsubdivisions in apex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds