Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parents visiting family here

Parents visiting family here 9 years 2 months ago #26419

Just read about this sad story that happened in Alabama and thought of writing this:

Please have your visiting parents carry some kind of ID and your contact info (eg. business card) when they walk alone, especially if they don't speak English.
www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/indian_citizen_stopped_by_madi.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parents visiting family here 9 years 2 months ago #26421

Joe, thanks for sharing!
While carrying the address/contact details is always a good idea, I believe in this case - quoting from post -
"The subject began putting his hands in his pockets," reads the police statement. "Officers attempted to pat the subject down and he attempted to pull away. The subject was forced to the ground, which resulted in injury.

So, if our parents try to carry the details in their pockets, reaching out to that may be considered suspicious. Such situations will always be tricky.
Still as you said - carrying contact info is highly recommended.

Parents visiting family here 9 years 2 months ago #26423

I believe this story has been making rounds of Social Media since morning. Very unfortunate incident that could be/should be avoided at all costs by the respective officials.

IMHO, this seems to be a one-off incident.

Personally, I find Cary/Morrisville community very friendly and welcoming.

Based on this Madison police statement, wouldn't it be an obvious police reaction, no?

"Madison police issued a statement on Monday saying they received a call early Friday about a man looking in garages among the brick homes just south of the city's new high school".

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds