Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25784

Hi,

Anyone having experience with private upgrades, am planning to take outside upgrade as we didn't like the build upgrades and they are way high too.

Appreciate in advance for your guidance.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25785

Hello,

I am getting few things done after I have closed my home. Few upgrades are expensive from the builder, few are worth to go with the builder.

I am not sure what you want to get it done. I went with private for blinds (Costco), crown molding (Builder is better with my experience), Back splash (reasonable labor charges and freedom of having my own desgin), Fan and Fan installation (Shop for fans online, and get it installed with some one)

Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks
Kubi

Pandian wrote: Hi,

Anyone having experience with private upgrades, am planning to take outside upgrade as we didn't like the build upgrades and they are way high too.

Appreciate in advance for your guidance.

Thanks

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25787

Thank you Kubi for sharing your experience.

My project would be little bigger.

I am planning on upgrading Hardwood, Bath tile, Back Splash. Mainly because they are not only expensive but also the options are not good with builder.

Any help on those would be appreciated.

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25788

All the below things are better to get it done before you move in and after closing your home. Once you move in, it will be a big mess with noise and dust. If your wife stays home, she will hate to stay.

Pandian wrote: Thank you Kubi for sharing your experience.

My project would be little bigger.

I am planning on upgrading Hardwood, Bath tile, Back Splash. Mainly because they are not only expensive but also the options are not good with builder.

Any help on those would be appreciated.

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25794

We will wait to get those done, before move in.

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25889

I would suggest you should get all the structural upgrades from the builder and you can take care of cosmetic things later if you don't like the builder choices.

But remember the builder will install the standard things if you don't go for upgrades and sometime it will be challenge to get those things removed and can be very expensive.

Builder upgrades Vs Private Upgrade 9 years 6 months ago #25890

One other thing to consider is that builder upgrades will be included in the home price and money comes from the mortgage. If you upgrade yourself you have to find money elsewhere and not included in the mortgage.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds