Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: new single family homes

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23707

• sairaghav
  • sairaghav's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
Do we have a list of newly constructed Single Family homes in Cary? I mean new communities/construction.
I am a first time home buyer and have just started with the process.
Thanks for the response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23708

Three of the of the popular new communities in Cary zip code 27519 selling new homes are Fryars Gate by Lennar, Holland Farm by M/I homes, The Oaks at Highcroft by Pulte homes.

KB homes will be opening Cedar Bend within the next few weeks.
other options are Amberly by Standard Pacific homes and M/I Homes,

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23710

As you are just starting with the home search process, it may be good to take a look at Morrisville as well. Providence Place by K Hovnanian is worth looking at. Kitts Creek now has Ryan Homes, Chesapeake homes & Lennar building single family homes. Then of course, we have Berkshires by STANPAC opening soon.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23711

Also, there are two Toll Brothers communities in the West Cary with different price ranges. Also, there is another community Copper Leaf which is on expensive side. Also, heard M/I Homes and Weldon Ridge is opening few estate homes soon. Needless to say having Cary address is prestigious.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23741

• sairaghav
  • sairaghav's Avatar Topic Author
Thx for the responses. So here is the list. Rest were all, on the expensive side.
  • Fryars Gate by Lennar
  • Holland farm by MI homes
  • KB homes at Cedar bend
  • Amberly by Std Pacific homes
  • Providence place by Khovanian homes
  • Oaks at highcroft by Pulte

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23752

I would add Manors(By Toll Brothers) also to this list. Worth looking into. They have bigger lot sizes. We never know what each of us would end up liking finally when we compare and constract various factors.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23755

thomasjohnrealtor wrote: Add Birkshires @ Town Hall by Standard Pacific Homes, to your list. It is scheduled to open in December in 2013, model home to be ready by spring 2014. Base price start at upper $200s to $300s.

Birkshires will have 123 single family homes, with 2 car front load garages, 1900 to 2600 sf living area, 3rd floor options, screen porch options, etc. I will have VIP realtor, feel free to contact me for details, if you are not already signed up with another agent.

In my list, Berkshires are to be ruled out. They have smaller size lots with high end prices. Not worth to pay in 300's for a 2,600 sq ft home. Bottom line, Indians to be blamed for messing up the real estate market.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23756

OVERLOOK AT AMBERLY by M/I Homes. They are clustered home but good price and lot of included features. It comes under Amberly subdivision.

The price per sq. ft. is way cheaper then all the above. Plus there is ample availability unlike the above ones.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23757

You are right. They have 'closed on 5 homes; there are 10 pending and 7 inventory homes now available for purchase. Of course, there are many lots for pre-sale (to be built). Considering the location, sq footage, home plans, features, schools etc., the Overlook is a good buy. HOA dues are not bad either at $53 per month. I have multiple buyers who are happy with their purchases. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23779

I agree with Thomas. Lot of Options outside. Overlook has left with tiny lot sizes. We should not encourage tiny lot size communities.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23783

Well if you consider apples to apples then here is the comparison :

Options :
1> M/I Overlook at Amberly : Base price for close to 2500sq ft home= 292k for linden floor plan which has den and a FULL BATH included on 1st floor. Mostly Wood flooring on 1st floor. HOA :$55 which includes lawn maint.
2> Lennar Fryars Gate: Base price for close to 2500sq ft = "296k+bidding price(atleast 10k more)" for mayflower floor plan. FULL bath is OPTIONAL, only foyer has wood flooring in 1st floor.
3> M/I Holland farms :Base price for close to 2500sq ft = 320k+bidding/lottery for burlington floor plan.HOA :$55 which doesn't include lawn maint.

Going with the above in around 300k you are getting a decent size attached single family. While others will come out to be 330k. So if you are looking in 330k range then YES overlook at amberly is not for you.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23785

What we are getting in Overlook at Amberly is cluster homes and they are more comparable to town homes, not to the detached single family homes in Holland Farm or Fryar Gate. .

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23787

checking homes

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23789

I agree with Thomas and Binny. The land in West Cary is so expensive due to several factors. West Cary has best rated schools (Elementary, Middle and High) plus it is closer to RTP. On top, Cary address is prestigious nationwide in the desis. I remember folks talking about Cary in New Jersy and California. So obviously desis want to buy in Cary as option#1 plus all the needs what desis want is around here only. With all this, if builder gives you .30 acre lot instead of .15 acre lot for us, it matters straight 75K to 80K extra value in the land itself. Again, I am talking developed land of .30 acre Vs .15 acre in Cary( developed land will be much expensive than un-developed land as builder has to leave lot of land aside for the roads, has to do landscaping, follow Cary's wet lands rules, leave for amenties, buffers, easements etc and that is on top of removing tress, dirt and grading). So by building your home in bigger lot size, builder is giving that extra value in the land to you. So count that also in your apple to apple comparision. On top of this extra land value, quality, location, elevation, features inside and outside, amenity, community overall etc also count in the value. So it is not apple to apple comparision here in any way.

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23792

If you are looking close to $300k(+/- 10k) then you cannot expect a BIG lot size in these time in west cary. Gone are the days when in west cary you could get .16 acre lot size in $300(+/- 10k) with these features. I remember the last one was Evans farms. So as I said if you have money to spend $350k then go for holland farms or fryars gate(remember it has cemetery next to it).
Consider this, evans farms back in oct-nov-2012 they sold BURLINGTON floor plan(lot size around .16 acre) for base price of 285k and now in holland farms they are selling same floor plan at 320k base price. Ahh just saw now they are selling burlington-4 starting $338k :(.

UPDATE: BURLINGTON floor plan(most popular) in HOLLAND FARMS is now 343k base price for a 2622 sq ft house. So essentially you are paying atleast 50k more for a BIGGER LOT. This is exaggerated price for the sake of bigger lots. Even if we consider the bigger lot houses have more appreciation then smaller ones still this price is too high

new single family homes 10 years 7 months ago #23800

I thought he was looking for homes in other areas like Morrisville and Apex as well which has equally good schools and good communities in fact Apex has been ranked top 10 best places to live in the US recently.

new single family homes 10 years 6 months ago #23816

Cary and Morrisville are the choices for desis till date. Morrisville is a small town and doesnt have whole lot of land left. Also, the current homes are also smaller in size if you see in Morrisville. Also, Town is not giving big size lots in Morriville anymore and may be the Town wants more taxes by building more homes as it has only small portions of single family desirable land left in the Town now.

Cary is the choice for desis since long and more over, it is big town and financially strong & rich in the Triangle. It is famous among desis nation wide. Lot of desis know about Cary in New Jersy and California. West Cary is the crazy part for all desis with in Cary. So for now, West Cary gets the brownie points from all directions and craziness in the desis.

new single family homes 10 years 6 months ago #23818

shyam wrote: Once West Cary is full then folks will see for Apex and Holly Springs.

Positive, think positive. There's land to the west of West Cary.

www.newsobserver.com/2013/03/05/2725598/cary-considers-westward-growth.html

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds