Sub divisions in Cary/Morrisville/Apex and nearby locations
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buying home in Raleigh

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 8 months ago #23357

• chandra76
  • chandra76's Avatar Topic Author
Hi All
I am moving from kansas to NC and settle down,So planning to buy a home in Raleigh, NC.Can anybody suggest me a good place to buy a new single family home in Raleigh, NC?
Is Raleigh is good place for buying home? or any other places you guys suggest?

I am giving preference to the following in order:
1. Good Schools
2. Community(some desi)
3. House price and resale value

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 8 months ago #23358

Cary zip code 27519 , Morrisvile and Apex are top three choices for very good schools, and homes are expensive in comparison with the other part of the Triangle.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 8 months ago #23377

Hi Chandra, great decision; welcome to the Triangle! Once you get here, it will be a good idea to visit a few homes in North Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, Apex and other towns around. Prices are getting to be very close.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 7 months ago #23501

• chandra76
Thanks Joe,
Do you have any idea about Ellington place in Apex by level homes?
How is that community and is there any good elementary schools around that area?
Thanks

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 7 months ago #23502

Ellington Place was originally started by Lennar Homes a few years ago. The rest of the lots are now bought by Level Homes and they are building 'similar' homes (sizes, exterior elevations & materials (fiber cement)) etc. Level Homes is based in Baton Rouge, LA and this is their first project here in the Triangle. They are also starting a high end neighborhood on West High in Cary, next to Bishops Gate.

Ellington plans are good and prices are reasonable. The elementary school is Laurel Park in Cary, located just across the street. Not too many lots left, so you may want to check it out soon. I have multiple buyers building there homes now and will be glad to help if you don't have a Buyer Agent already.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 7 months ago #23507

I think Ellington Place is next to a rail track.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 7 months ago #23508

Ellington Place - Price is less compare to Cary & Morrisville area, nice plans, etc. may look attractive to a buyer, but I advise a cautious approach when you consider buying in Ellington Place, due to its proximity to rail track.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 6 months ago #23883

• chandra76
Hi
I am looking for the houses,i have a question,Generally, do corner lots have lower resale values? Even if It is a corner lot on a small neighborhood street?What are the draw backs of buying a house on a corner lot?

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 6 months ago #23884

As long as there is no major (in traffic wise) road going next to the lot, our desis like corner lots and infact that is most preferred. This is what I have been seeing especially with our desis in Triangle and also in places like Jersey and California. If it is in East or North Corner and towards inner to the community overall layout, it is highly desirable per my findings.

Buying home in Raleigh 10 years 6 months ago #23885

Hi Chandra, I see the following pros & cons from having a home on a corner lot:

1. Some buyers like a corner lot due to the 'breathing room' it provides. No neighbor on one side!
2. Normally, you get a larger side yard when you are on a corner lot. Of course, the other side may be smaller than normal.
3. Sometimes, you can get a side-entry garage built when you have a corner lot. I just did one in Providence place for one of my buyers and the home looks great!

On the negative side, if you are on a busy corner, that could affect your privacy, kids' safety, driving in and out etc.

You may assess both the aspects (and Vasthu if relevant) and take a decision. A good buyer agent should be able to take a look at the lot and study all the facts and advise.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds