Information that will be helpful for new comers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving to Raleigh, need advise

Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7468

• SaiRam08
  • SaiRam08's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

I live in Wilmington DE, and will be taking up a job offer with Credit Suisse located at RTP next month. I have two high school going kids therefore school will be my first priority and also a safe neighborhood with a good Indian community, which is again based on the school.I need your help on finding a good school and apartment which is short driving distance from my office. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7469

• A
  • A's Avatar Topic Author
Good plan to move to Raleigh. Much better place than DE. North Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville or Apex are your choices. Big population of Indians in these areas. Safe places.

What is your office address so that we know driving distance?

Last I heard the administrator of site also works in Credit Suisse but I don't know the location. So post your work location and we go from there.

SaiRam08 wrote:

Hi

I live in Wilmington DE, and will be taking up a job offer with Credit Suisse located at RTP next month. I have two high school going kids therefore school will be my first priority and also a safe neighborhood with a good Indian community, which is again based on the school.I need your help on finding a good school and apartment which is short driving distance from my office. Thanks in advance.

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7471

• SaiRam08
Hi A,

Thanks for your reply. The office address is Louis Stephens Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560. I have seen some good review about Green Hope High School. Are they many Indian students there? Any suggestions for other good high schools in that area? Though my kids have no problem with other students, as a parent I feel it would be better for them to be with Indian friends.

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7472

• jyothi
Sairam

Have you tried Panther Creek High School? My sons are going to that school, we moved in here last year and i found the school, faculty very good and also lots of Indian kids. The area code where i live is 27519 (Cary).

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7473

• A
  • A's Avatar Topic Author
Green Hope is a very good school and so as Panther Creek. Both have good amount of Indian students. You are in good area. Your best option for housing is Morrisville or Cary. Towns border on Morrisville Carpenter Road. Either school district is fine. Both towns have a large number of Indians (may be too many) and many Indian stores. Pretty much for everything you will deal with an Indian e.g. grocery store check out person is likely to an Indian, Doctor, Dentist ... you are moving back to India for all practical purposes.

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7474

• Manoj
  • Manoj's Avatar Topic Author
A wrote:

... you are moving back to India for all practical purposes.

Now, that's a scary thought

LOL

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7478

• SaiRam08
Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I will definitely check about Panther creek/Green hope schools. I also came to know that some students were moved to other schools due to overcrowding etc. Is this the same with these schools also. We are not in a position to drop and pick our kids as we have a 2 year baby at home. Also, any good apartments around these schools. I don't believe on the ratings given in some of the websites as I believe that word of mouth is better. After being in Singapore and other Asian countries for a long time I would love to move back to a place with large Indian community. By the way, is there any Shridi Sai Mandir in Raleigh?

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7480

• AT visitor
  • AT visitor's Avatar Topic Author
Check this link for places of worship. Shridi sai mandir is not available. They are in process of building that temple too.

www.apnatriangle.com/places-to-worship

SaiRam08 wrote:

By the way, is there any Shridi Sai Mandir in Raleigh?

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7488

Sairam, there are few guys living in Marquis on Cary Parkway (27560) and work for Credit Suisse. Not sure if this community comes under these school districts.

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7489

Sairam,

Sai Bhajans are conducted at some ones home periodically. Let me know after you move, I will put in touch with someone from the group.

Clarification - I do not work for Credit Suisse. I work for the competitor!!

You heard it right. Whole Subdivision or apartments are reassigned to different schools based on population growth. However, you get the school bus for the newly assigned school and you do not have to worry about transporting kids yourself.

Satish

Re:Moving to Raleigh, need advise 13 years 10 months ago #7490

• SaiRam08
Thanks to all of you for the useful information about the schools and the mandir. Hope to get in touch with you all once I move,

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds