Information that will be helpful for new comers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving to Triangle - Need advice

Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4480

• satish
  • satish's Avatar Topic Author
I received a message from someone who will be moving to Triangle very soon. They are looking for some specific information and lets help them. Here is the email from her (I have edited personal info)

I just came across apnatriangle and found lots of good useful information. I am L and I live in columbus,OH. My husband got a new project in Raleigh and moving there on Nov 30th. we both are pretty new to Raleigh. We both work in IT field. I work on Informatica and my husband work on Mainframes. How is the IT market there, especially in our technologies (if you have idea). We are planning to move to Raleigh permanently. Also which area is good to stay there my husbands office is @ 2610 Wycliff Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607. We have one year old son and he is in India now. so no worries about the schools. Your responses will be so helpful for me. Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4481

• satish
  • satish's Avatar Topic Author
L,

Congradulations on new job and Welcome to Triangle.

Your husbands job is close to Raleigh Downtown and just above beltline (I-440). There are some good apartments close to your husbands work. However, I have not lived in that area and some of the AT members can provide details.

If you plan to work it may be better to look for somewhere in the middle between RTP (Research Triangle Park) and Raleigh. It will be Morrisville or Cary area. It will be about 15 to 20 minute commute for your husband.

IT market is getting better from last couple of months. This is a small place with few big employers and lots of small employers. Unfortuntely, the big employers are not doing good currently. Hopefully that will improve.

Informatica is good. Banks and Pharma research companies are using it. That is a plus.

Again welcome to Triangle and let us know how is you search is progressing.

Thanks
Satish

Re:Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4490

• A
We havw A, B, R, DM, LFC, XYZ and now "L".

Ashok, Shri, Satish, Rupa, Sanjus

We need a short name for you guys too.

A

Re:Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4491

A - I was going to imitate your naming convention by simply signing S or SS but then again i am very fond of my name :-)

infact, in my family except for my wife (she's the odd-ball out) all our names begin with S including my inlaws - simple coincidence!

Re:Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4492

• A
I know a couple of families who strongly beleive in Sai Baba and name everyone in the family starting with 'S'.

A
sanjus wrote:

A - I was going to imitate your naming convention by simply signing S or SS but then again i am very fond of my name :-)

infact, in my family except for my wife (she's the odd-ball out) all our names begin with S including my inlaws - simple coincidence!

Re:Moving to Triangle - Need advice 14 years 5 months ago #4500

Actually, now that you mention this - you can add one more to the list. However, it was never this way - we did not select the names because of Sai Baba (Shirdi) but it so happened that we are very strong follower!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds