Information that will be helpful for new comers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hair loss issue

Resources for job search 14 years 7 months ago #2849

Sri,

Here is a list of things that can help with job search.

www.apnatriangle.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=128&func=view&id=702&catid=3#702

If you know more resources, please add them to that thread.

Please let us know what kind of position you are looking and which companies you are targetting. If you do not want to post it in the forum, please send me a private message.

Satish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hair loss issue 14 years 7 months ago #2855

• Sri
  • Sri's Avatar Topic Author
A:thank you for your word of encouragement
Satish:Thank you so much for showing your concern to a total stranger :-) Will do the needs asap

Thx all for a wonderful tit bits..

Resources for Job Search 14 years 7 months ago #2856

• Sri
  • Sri's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Satish n everyone in da group

For a start,I am a bit curious on the IT market here at the Triangle for say a say 4+ yrs exp candidate.
There seem to be a lot of ppl moving in and how are the candidancy for state jobs?
A brief intro will get me apicture as now all that I have is the job market back in NY only,would like to explore more bfr wetting in my feet.

Thx all for the input's in ad

Sri

Job search 14 years 7 months ago #2861

Sri,

Attend the meetings that I have posted to get a picture of the jobs. About 5 months back, State was running low on cash and was not taking up any projects. It may have changed now.

My perception is that the IT jobs are improving slowly in the area. However, bigger companies (IBM, Nortel..) have layed off a large number of very qualified people and it would take some time for the local job market to recover.

Satish

Re:Resources for Job Search 14 years 7 months ago #2878

• A
  • A's Avatar Topic Author
Sri,

If you don't need H1B and are young, you shoudl be able to find something. Keep trying and be open

A

Sri wrote:

Hi Satish n everyone in da group

For a start,I am a bit curious on the IT market here at the Triangle for say a say 4+ yrs exp candidate.
There seem to be a lot of ppl moving in and how are the candidancy for state jobs?
A brief intro will get me apicture as now all that I have is the job market back in NY only,would like to explore more bfr wetting in my feet.

Thx all for the input's in ad

Sri

Re:Hair loss issue 14 years 7 months ago #2883

Thx A..am a PR..so no issues on that front end..
lets try my luck n see..will keep u guys posted on any updates
thx again

Re:Hair loss issue 14 years 7 months ago #2895

Sri,

I thought you may be interested in the following..

Attention Raleigh/Durham area job seekers: Ready to Work program is now available for Fall!

This eight week series of programs was originally offered by United Way of the Greater Triangle in Spring 2009 with outstanding reviews from those participating. The Fall 2009 series is now available through a joint partnership between United Way of the Greater Triangle and Wake Technical Community College.

This series is specifically designed for professionals who are currently on the journey to re-employment. All programs are facilitated by real world professionals and industry leaders who will offer knowledge and tactics that will help you become effective in your job search. There will also be time for networking prior to and after each program.

The program is free to all job seekers. However, registration for the program is required. The program begins this week so please register soon.

All programs are conveniently offered at Wake Tech’s North Raleigh and Cary campuses. Listed below are the programs within the series. For more information and logistics, please visit the Ready to Work website using this link: hrd.waketech.edu/index.php?page=work

1) Financial Management Toolkit for the Unemployed
2) Mastering the Behavioral Based Interview
3) Steps for Getting Noticed, Known, and Connected in Your Career
4) Perspectives: Using Industry and Labor Information in the Job Hunt
5) Communicating and Competing in the Multi-Generational Workplace
6) Applying MBTI to Enhance Your Job Search
7) Jump Start Your Career Search – Find Jobs, Land Jobs and Set Yourself Apart
8) Ask the Experts – Practical Insights Into the Recruiting Process

Classes begin:
• Friday, September 18 at Western Wake Campus and
• Friday, October 2 at Northern Wake Campus.
Enrollment is free to unemployed professionals. Please complete the registration form or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to register.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds