Information that will be helpful for new comers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving to Cary

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2764

Hi Kumar,

I registered myself 30 minutes ago and it worked fine for me....what error are u getting?

Kumar wrote:

Tried registering. It's throwing an error. Think it's not working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2766

• Ranjitha
  • Ranjitha's Avatar Topic Author
Welcome DoesntMatter :) At last, you created your ID. Its now my turn i think ;) he he he...

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2770

couldn't resist creating the id any longer...lol

Ranjitha wrote:

Welcome DoesntMatter :) At last, you created your ID. Its now my turn i think ;) he he he...

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2773

• Eshgal
  • Eshgal's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Kumar

Our litta one is only 4 ,therefore she isnt going to the public school yet.Currently she is in a private montessori.
But as far of public school,I had asked around a couple of families whose kids r going to a public school which is hardly 5 mins away from the apt on Dillard drive.

Penny Road Elementary is the nearest I believe and its also a good school as far as I heard( Parents of Triangle-kindly pour in ur reviews as well)
Swift Creek Elementary is also on Tyron road-am not so sure abt this school
Dillard Drive Elementary is also closer to the place.

As far as I can see.we alwaaz decide on the place we wanna live for either :-
a) closer to work place
b) closer to schools
c) closer to a certain neighbourhood

If you are interested in ample of extra curicullum activities for ur little one like ballet,bharanatyam n so on..Tyron is quite good as we r closer to kildaire farms road where ample of kids activities goes on all year around.Since I go to Morrisville only for carnatic lessons(litta one) and occassional temple visits,am not sure abt activities there ..therefore rest friends in the group will able to fill in the part
Good luck and all the best coming to the area.I have lived in ample of places bfr and really feel Triangle is a good place to raise a family:-)

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2797

Registration worked. My id is ksarok (Kumar).

Friends - Today I had a major issue while going thru the WCPSS elementary age qualification. My daughter is studying U.K.G in India and she is 4 yrs 10 months old. As per WCPSS, only kids who have completed 5 yrs as on Aug '09 will be eligible for KG. I am bit worried as I was too eager to put her in Davis Drive or Oak Grove.

One of my friend in US informed me that Private schools do not have the age criteria and I will be able to admit my daughter to KG. Is this true in NC?

If yes, then the only option I now have is to put her in Private School. The following schools are the ones, I found out from online.
1. Cary Christian School - Admission Full :(
2. Chesterbrook Academy
3. Heartwood Montessori
4. Grace Christian School
5. Atlas International School
6. La Petite Academy
7. Little Treasures School

Which one will be the better school to consider for KG?

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2798

Thanks Eshgal. My india number is 9940687527. If you can pls do call me or can you give me your number? You can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Will appreciate as I have to get some info on private schools.

To my other friends, pls feel free to call me at the above number. Also feel free to share your number, so that I can call on you to discuss. Have a nice day.

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2800

ksarok wrote:

Registration worked. My id is ksarok (Kumar).

Friends - Today I had a major issue while going thru the WCPSS elementary age qualification. My daughter is studying U.K.G in India and she is 4 yrs 10 months old. As per WCPSS, only kids who have completed 5 yrs as on Aug '09 will be eligible for KG. I am bit worried as I was too eager to put her in Davis Drive or Oak Grove.

One of my friend in US informed me that Private schools do not have the age criteria and I will be able to admit my daughter to KG. Is this true in NC?

If yes, then the only option I now have is to put her in Private School. The following schools are the ones, I found out from online.
1. Cary Christian School - Admission Full :(
2. Chesterbrook Academy
3. Heartwood Montessori
4. Grace Christian School
5. Atlas International School
6. La Petite Academy
7. Little Treasures School

Which one will be the better school to consider for KG?

Hi...You will get admission in one of the schools but are you ready to spend at least 700$ per month? I don't know current monthly fees but this was heartwood montessori rate 8 years back...Suppose she gets in one of the school and she completes her KG...next year you want to move to base public school they may not take her in first grade..based on age school will admit her to KG again...better check with school first...It changes as per principals views.

Also you have one more option...There is lot of work and money involved (500$)but if you get through then it will be great...Go through this link and look at right corner for "Early kindergarten Entry"

www.wcpss.net/newcomer/getting-started/registration/kindergarten.html

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2801

The NC rule for admissions was changed few years back which changed the cut off date from i think oct. 31 to aug. 31. There is still a way to get your kid into the kinder garten but for that there is some special assessment that your kid will have to go through and pass to be eligible for early kinder garten entry...

Re:Moving to Cary 14 years 7 months ago #2808

Thanks for the info. I will try the "Early Kindergarten" and see if it's works. If not, I have to put her into one of the private schools. I know it's lot of money, no other go :(

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds