Information that will be helpful for new comers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving to RTP - looking for some info and friends

Moving to RTP - looking for some info and friends 9 years 9 months ago #25359

• Newintown
  • Newintown's Avatar Topic Author
Hello all,
My wife and I are moving to RTP area this weekend and wanted to post here for some suggestions and creating opportunity for connecting with folks from Indian community. We are moving from the beautiful pacific northwest and enjoy outdoor activities. We are fluent in Hindi , English and Gujarati. Professional/engineers living in US since a while and strong ties back home in India as well.

Suggestion needed :
- Work location is in Durham downtown. What would be a preferable location for renting an apartment which balances commute as well as ability to participate in activities (volleyball, badminton, cricket, social gathering with friends etc....)
- For the first month I may be able to rent a place in the brier creek area and hear that this is a good place. A bit pricy but for a month its okay. How is the location and any other suggestion for a temp stay ?
- I am a sports enthusiast and would really appreciate some suggestions for volleyball, cricket and/or badminton that I can play.
- Would like to connect with folks new to the area and looking to make friends in the area. After all, having a nice conversation over a cup of coffee or dinner helps in adjusting to the new place.

Looking forward to the responses.
Best
- P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moving to RTP - looking for some info and friends 9 years 9 months ago #25453

Hi !
Mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
We would be happy to sit with you guys over a cup of coffee ;p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds