• Page:

TOPIC: KIRAN INC. - My experience

KIRAN INC. - My experience 14 years 1 week ago #6672

Message from Moderator: The statements defaming Kiran has been removed as it does not comply with Rule 3 on Forums. The rest of the message has been left since it does not violate the Forum rules and one should have freedom to express their experience as long as it is with in published forum rules. Also, note that these views are not of ApnaTriangle, but rather an Individual

Friends, I would like to share my sad experience with KIRAN - a non profit organization located in Raleigh. They claim to serve victims of domestic violence in south Asian community. In my case KIRAN has ruined my married life.

I wish to invite members who would be willing to join hands in forming a non-profit organization that promotes matrimonial harmony among members of south Asian community. It’s easier to destroy but it takes effort to build a nest. In this direction, I am hopeful that many of you including the moderators of Apna Triangle will contribute with their advice, support and good wishes. I look forward to meeting all friends at Apna Triangle picnic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6673

• samosa
just one side of the story ... not enough to make judgement

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6674

Samosa,

You are right that it's just one side of the story. This is what I was exactly pleading with KIRAN not to listen to my ex-wife only but also take into consideration the facts I brought to their attention but they continued interference and misguided her. I am not asking any one to make a judgement because finally the courts will decide. I just want to raise awareness in the community.

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6675

• Victim
Now a days girls are getting married to software engineers & leave them for alimony.
I am a victim too, boys be careful.....!

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6676

Ashu...sorry to hear about your broken marriage...Don't you think you need to rephrase the heading with something like --- Your sad experience with Kiran.You write that sole purpose of your wife was to obtain "U" visa in that case she was not truthful with Kiran either... Is it so easy to obtain "U" visa and even if she gets it where are the jobs?Is she now working with "U" visa in this country?

I am wondering what is the reason that you have one more person in your Avatar ? He looks like that famous radio person.

Ashu - tell us the reality 14 years 1 week ago #6677

• Concerned Community Member
Ashu, why did you ex-wife take such a drastic step? Where was love, faith and trust lost? What did you do that made her talk to an outsider? Typically it takes a lot of courage for a woman to go out and talk to an outsider.

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6679

• Ashu
LFC,

It takes time to get 'U' visa but till then the she can work on work permit and support herself with alimony that she will continue to receive till divorce is granted. I had appealed to KIRAN not to interfere but they were in no mood to listen because here in USA you can behave differently. My ex-wife also gifted jewellery to KIRAN members. There is no reason for the famous radio person to be in my profile picture - I will replace the picture.

Re:Ashu - tell us the reality 14 years 1 week ago #6680

• Ashu
Concerned Community Member - you don't need courage to dial a helpline number. The women of today are different than the women of 1950's.

I have raised the issue for information of the community at large. There is no non-profit organization here that helps to prevent domestic violence or promote marital harmony or provide marriage counselling to couples in need because happy families means no business for them.

Re:Ashu - tell us the reality 14 years 1 week ago #6681

Of course it take courage to dial helpline and disclose internal problems.

Ashu, my question is still the same. What did YOU do to make her call an outsider? Happy families means both people happy...not just you.

To me, it seems like authorities agreed with her. They might have done thorough research. Non profit organizations cannot get her U visa.

External people have no business to interfere in the families. First your ex-wife went out to seek help..that means there was something wrong. Now you put this on internet...blaming your wife and everyone else...that kind of tells me there is something wrong with you

Why don't you speak with your wife rather than involving whole world in marital affair?

Ashu wrote:

Concerned Community Member - you don't need courage to dial a helpline number. The women of today are different than the women of 1950's.

I have raised the issue for information of the community at large. There is no non-profit organization here that helps to prevent domestic violence or promote marital harmony or provide marriage counselling to couples in need because happy families means no business for them.

Re:KIRAN INC. 14 years 1 week ago #6683

I totally understand your story. there are lot of innocent guys who suffered because of such organizations like KIRAN. These organizations only listen to one side of the story and they really do not try to settlement between the couple but rather encourage them to go take drastic steps. I have come across few other guys who have suffered in the same manner. Hopefully there is someone out there who can explain these organization to function fairly by investigating the facts and act right. I think that would be real help to community. I wish you best of luck and thanks for letting the community know about your suffering a and hopefully this will send them a message and they would try to get to facts before messing some one marriage.

Why did your wfie ask external help? 14 years 1 week ago #6684

Guys,

Before you blame others, you need to find why did you wife ask external help? Think about your sister, mother and daughter too.

Re:KIRAN INC. - My experience 14 years 1 week ago #6685

Ashu,

Your statements that did not follow forum rule has been removed. Please read the Forum rules. You can express your experience as long as it complies with forum rules.

Also, please change your Avatar, not to include another persons picture.

Thanks
Satish

Re:KIRAN INC. - My experience 14 years 1 week ago #6711

Hey Satish,

I don't mean to cause trouble here but really why should be change his avatar. People here have roads as their avatars. I feel like this is too restrictive.
Also I didn't think his first post was defamatory at all. I am by no means supporting him but I do want to make sure that things like this gets discussed and people do question Kiran.
I should write that I highly respect Kiran and what it is trying to do. But I don't want to be an ostrich with my head in the sand. I hope we can have a complete discussion without deletions.
Thanks,
Shalini

Re:KIRAN INC. - My experience 14 years 1 week ago #6729

• L
Ashu wrote:

Message from Moderator: The statements defaming Kiran has been removed as it does not comply with Rule 3 on Forums. The rest of the message has been left since it does not violate the Forum rules and one should have freedom to express their experience as long as it is with in published forum rules. Also, note that these views are not of ApnaTriangle, but rather an Individual

Friends, I would like to share my sad experience with KIRAN - a non profit organization located in Raleigh. They claim to serve victims of domestic violence in south Asian community. In my case KIRAN has ruined my married life.

I wish to invite members who would be willing to join hands in forming a non-profit organization that promotes matrimonial harmony among members of south Asian community. It’s easier to destroy but it takes effort to build a nest. In this direction, I am hopeful that many of you including the moderators of Apna Triangle will contribute with their advice, support and good wishes. I look forward to meeting all friends at Apna Triangle picnic.

Why are you complaining on Kiran unnecessarily ? You should be happy and thankful to them for separating your wife, whose sole purpose is to get U visa (as mentioned by you).

There might not be anything wrong from Kiran's side, as we dont know what your wife told about you to Kiran, which they might have believed.

Last, dont try to defame the entire organization. Rather point to some particular members/volunteers of Kiran who is responsible for this. It takes a lot to build an organization and to get reputation.

Good Answer L 14 years 1 week ago #6733

I completely agree with you L.

L wrote:

Why are you complaining on Kiran unnecessarily ? You should be happy and thankful to them for separating your wife, whose sole purpose is to get U visa (as mentioned by you).

There might not be anything wrong from Kiran's side, as we dont know what your wife told about you to Kiran, which they might have believed.

Last, dont try to defame the entire organization. Rather point to some particular members/volunteers of Kiran who is responsible for this. It takes a lot to build an organization and to get reputation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds