• Page:

TOPIC: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!!

Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16567

• Desitaste
  • Desitaste's Avatar Topic Author
Folks,

This incident happened twice to me so far. The second time happened couple mins ago, so thought of cautioning my fellow Desis.

I went to Suvidha grocery & Halal Meat this even to buy poha, puffed rice to make some mixture. I have seen prices for 1Lb, 2Lb and an interesting part is for 800g. The price for 800g is little lower when compared to 2Lb. I purchased both items of 1Lb each but during the billing, the price was charged for 800g. Even the display reflect the price for 800gms but the weight I purchased was 1Lb. When I ask the person who scanned about the price he was kind of arguing with me. I said only one thing, go check your labels and check your scanner which ofcourse didn't match, he then simply changed without even saying anything and asked for the payment.

The same thing happened when I took basmati rice don't remember the weight nor brand a month ago, the marked price is diff to the scanned price and when I asked the person who scanned, they just simply corrected the price on the screen and billed.

My questions are...,
1) Are they trying to loot people by charging higher weight price???
2) When someone complaints its their responsibility to correct their system, which they are least bothered, may be they are managing their profits atleast by this way.
3) Interesting part is they are carrying 800g weight products which is confusing, when they are having 1Lb & 2Lb, what's the need for 800gms. I don't think pple are crazy to busy a 800gms which is 100gmsless weight to 2Lb.
4) Finally they don't even feel sorry for all this instead they behave wierdly when brought to their notice.

If anyone know whom to complaint legally plz let me know..........., This shld be brought to public notice as well as before the officials too.

An Indian trying to cheat an Indian.....The same disease in way back home in spreading here.

So folks be careful about the items and their prices during scanning at Suvidha Groceries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16568

• well
Each and every Indian store has this issue :-). I do not like Indian restaurants either.

It will be much better to buy from American store. :-).

Few examples.

1) Prefer healthier rice and buy brown rice than Basmati from american stores.

2) Use wheat flour from american store rather than Indian store. :-).

Get what you pay for. :-)

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16570

• RK
I agree with you all these businesses need to to exposed for their illegal activities. I used to quite often go to Chef of India but yesterday when I went there with a friend we walked out of disgust at the poor service and horrible quality of food served on the table. It is very disturbing to leave food on the table and how hard we tried we could not over look the damn horrible show. The owner/master chef has gone to India for a vacation and the manager told me that there is no difference in the quality of food and customer service and in fact in the owner's absence the customer flow has increased but 15 mins later when the food was served the situation was entirely different. Most of these guys are un educated and have no class or consideration.

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16571

Sorry to hear that you had a repeat experience - although, it was not for the same item - that might have proved something.

Anyways, as I understand Suvidha Grocery is new store on the block and you have to give them the benefit of doubt that genuine mistakes do happen esp when the grocery stores are carrying 1000's of items and then don't get to verify the pricing of all the items in due time.

Pricing mistakes happen everywhere even in the American stores but that does not mean that's their biz model to make a profit. Even the American stores when brought to their notice of any pricing errors would just refund you the difference without any apologies - since it's considered a genuine human error.

Desitaste wrote: 1) Are they trying to loot people by charging higher weight price???

Do you think any biz would survive if their biz model is to loot people by charging higher weight price?

Desitaste wrote: 2) When someone complaints its their responsibility to correct their system, which they are least bothered, may be they are managing their profits atleast by this way.

Based on what you wrote, they definitely corrected their mistake and charged you the correct amount.

Desitaste wrote: 3) Interesting part is they are carrying 800g weight products which is confusing, when they are having 1Lb & 2Lb, what's the need for 800gms. I don't think pple are crazy to busy a 800gms which is 100gmsless weight to 2Lb.

Well, it's not on purpose they are selling those weight products - someone is supplying them - no?

The rest of your comments were sheer out of anger than rational - so no point commenting on it :)

Although, this is not the first time you have ranted on local Indian Businesses ;)

Desitaste wrote: Folks,

This incident happened twice to me so far. The second time happened couple mins ago, so thought of cautioning my fellow Desis.

I went to Suvidha grocery & Halal Meat this even to buy poha, puffed rice to make some mixture. I have seen prices for 1Lb, 2Lb and an interesting part is for 800g. The price for 800g is little lower when compared to 2Lb. I purchased both items of 1Lb each but during the billing, the price was charged for 800g. Even the display reflect the price for 800gms but the weight I purchased was 1Lb. When I ask the person who scanned about the price he was kind of arguing with me. I said only one thing, go check your labels and check your scanner which ofcourse didn't match, he then simply changed without even saying anything and asked for the payment.

The same thing happened when I took basmati rice don't remember the weight nor brand a month ago, the marked price is diff to the scanned price and when I asked the person who scanned, they just simply corrected the price on the screen and billed.

My questions are...,
1) Are they trying to loot people by charging higher weight price???
2) When someone complaints its their responsibility to correct their system, which they are least bothered, may be they are managing their profits atleast by this way.
3) Interesting part is they are carrying 800g weight products which is confusing, when they are having 1Lb & 2Lb, what's the need for 800gms. I don't think pple are crazy to busy a 800gms which is 100gmsless weight to 2Lb.
4) Finally they don't even feel sorry for all this instead they behave wierdly when brought to their notice.

If anyone know whom to complaint legally plz let me know..........., This shld be brought to public notice as well as before the officials too.

An Indian trying to cheat an Indian.....The same disease in way back home in spreading here.

So folks be careful about the items and their prices during scanning at Suvidha Groceries.

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16573

• Anushka
I always check my receipt before leaving the store, and also watch them as they ring up the items, so if their price is off then you can question them right then and there because I have noticed when the customer does not pay attention to what is being checked out, I feel it gives them the opportuntiy to add things in there that you did not purchase/put in your cart to purchase.

This has happened to me many times, even at Trader Joe's.

I am a vegetarian, like 100%, I have gotten meat in my food when I go to get mexican food. Even after I have made it very clear to them that I don't want meat.

I love to cook so now I cook all kinds of good food at home, like someone mentioned how bad they felt after eating out. We as customers have no idea what so ever of how exactly the food is being prepared. At least if we make it at home we know how it is made and we can adjust the amount of oil being used. We don;t know if they used old oil or not, all they have to do is put MSG and it all tastes good.
Something to think about.

Another thing is that I always go by myself so I can pay attention to the person who is ringing my stuff up. I feel like I can not pay full attention when I go with family members.

I hope this helps.

I am just sharing my own experience.

Anushka

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16577

• Desitaste
  • Desitaste's Avatar Topic Author
I am not hired to correct their pricing issues for each and every product they sell. When a person complaints about a pricing for a products it's their responsibility to check for all products but not wait to receive complaints about the pricing for other products. And pple go for shopping and not to check the correctness of a new grocery store opened in a location. If they aren't ready to properly run a store they shld open it.And I don't thing this is a great excuse for a newly opened store, rather I feel they are not following the set of rules they are supposed to. Since my stay is US I never ever saw a pricing error in a new INDIAN STORE nor at an AMERICAN STORE.

I don't follow your words " Pricing mistakes happen everywhere even in the American stores". Did you ever saw during scanning a product in an American Store or atleast in OTHER INDIAN STORE.

I have seen 4 reply's to this post and everyone agrees to that expect you? I am not against Suvidha, I am against the way they are running the business. I guess you are not having any share with SUVIDHA.

To your words " Based on what you wrote, they definitely corrected their mistake and charged you the correct amount." Do you thing they did something great in correcting the price to me. My concerns was not what happened to me. My guess is, it is happening on the purchases made in Suvidha and trying to caution people IF THEY AREN'T AWARE OF.

"Although, this is not the first time you have ranted on local Indian Businesses ", Yes I agree I gave my rating bad to Sai Krishan Bhavan too, Because of the taste of the food they are supplying in a WEEKEND BUFFET. I am trying to be honest and give my opinion on it. Not like you being very optimistic and take everything for granted.

Finally one thing I can understand from you is, one shldn't post their reviews at new grocery stores or new restaurants when they are opening newly not matter how they run still accept them with open heart and take it for granted.

I better stop here, it looks awkward if I start pulling out your reply's line by line. My intension was to bring this before the people of AT, and I did it, Thanks to other 3 posts for catching my point and I guess that served the purpose for the time I spend.

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16583

• DesiBusinessMentality
I totally agree with DesiTaste. I have seen this pricing 'error' in Suvidha for some of the items I have purchased. Once you find the error and bring to their attention, they dont even apologize and think that they did a favor by correcting the price. Ever since this store opened, their policy has been to enchant buyers with 'lower' prices but am not sure if they are truly lower. I hope the desi business owners change their mentality and start following rules / regulations of the place where their business is.

In addition, one bad thing about apna triangle forums is that some people start defending the business owners as if they get a share of the cut. The idea here is to bring awareness. Good job DesiTaste!!!

Re: Desis BeCareful - Don't get loooooootttteeedddd!!! 12 years 2 months ago #16584

Maybe I should have disclosed this upfront - I have nothing to do with either with Suvidha groceries or Sai Krishna Bhavan for that matter.

My interests is only to see that the Indian Biz communities prosper here which in general is good for the rest of the Indian community too. How many posts have you read that mentions the number of Indian restaurants, grocery stores etc are one of the reasons that people are moving here from out-of-state.

Criticizing the quality of food, the prices they charge vis-a-vis the food quality, the customer service or even price mistakes should be brought to everyone's attention & is healthy for the community but accusing their biz ethics is completely another topic and that is where I surely have issue with anyone and everyone.

Yes, as a responsible Indian we all have to the duty to caution fellow Indians of certain issues but accusing them of looting and questioning their biz decisions on why they carry a certain product is completely out-of-line.

The beauty of the AT forums or for that matter any forums is that anyone can put forward their point-of-view. It's completely ok to disagree. As long as the language is civil and there's no personal attacks too :)

Peace!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds