• Page:

TOPIC: US passport renewal

US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13312

• latha
  • latha's Avatar Topic Author
hi

we live in Cary/Morrisville and we want to renewal my 5 year childs US passport, where is the nearest office and what is the process.

thanks inadvance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13313

There are 2 locations of USPS closest to Cary/Morrisville - one in Cary and the other in Apex.

usps.whitepages.com/passport/27519

1. You need to call them and take an appt. No walk-ins allowed - the appt wait is on average 2-3 weeks (atleast that was in my case).
2. Fill/Print out 2 copies of the Passport Renewal form (avail online here travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html )
3. Both parents have to be present (along with the kid) at the time of appt. - takes around 20-30 mins.
4. Need to take passport of both parents & kids (original & copies)
5. The USPS office is equipped to take your kid's passport pictures for an additional fee (i think it's $10 or less).
6. Take a check book for payment of USPS processing & passport renewal fees.

I think the rest of the details is on the passport renewal form/above site.

Hope this helps.

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13314

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
Great effort Sanjus, but haven't these guys heard of google or just don't want to make an effort in searching?

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13315

• HaHa
  • HaHa's Avatar Topic Author

Anonymous wrote: Great effort Sanjus, but haven't these guys heard of google or just don't want to make an effort in searching?

:P Don't give out secret. If every one uses google then who will come to forums in search of answers? I bet they do know but here they get personal touch and chance to have further dialogue so let them come.

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13316

My guess is that these may be non-techy users and might not be completely aware of google (or my personal favorite Bing) power! Sometimes, Google (or any search engines) provides overwhelming search results. Although, I have seen some techy users also not taking the efforts of using the Internet for some of the obvious queries.

Anonymous wrote: Great effort Sanjus, but haven't these guys heard of google or just don't want to make an effort in searching?

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13317

• Organizzed
  • Organizzed's Avatar Topic Author

latha wrote: hi

we live in Cary/Morrisville and we want to renewal my 5 year childs US passport, where is the nearest office and what is the process.

thanks inadvance

"Thanks to Sanjus in particular for possible elaborate answer"

Please see (some URLs may be inappropriate to all ages. Please use your discretion / apply parental controlling software / methods):
www.iwillusegooglebeforeaskingdumbquestions.com/
meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/18620/do-you-google-before-asking-on-stackoverflow
At least, share your additional information like what prompted you to ask here / what you had done before asking here / personal requirements etc.
Please benefit the persons who are 'ready' to share their answers with you.

(Unclear why registration requisite is removed for answering!)

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13318

• Organizzed
  • Organizzed's Avatar Topic Author
(just forgot to add a few more lines)
www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&sa=X&ei=OhYnTouuFZGdgQeYqcRc&ved=0CCIQvwUoAQ&q=process+for+US+passport+renewal&spell=1&biw=1260&bih=818
travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html
www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3A*&biw=1260&bih=818&q=process+for+US+passport+renewal+raleigh%2C+nc&oq=process+for+US+passport+renewal+raleigh%2C+nc&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=7222l10268l0l10388l13l13l0l12l0l0l81l81l1l1

And perhaps a few more examples:
We tried renewing. We have had the following problems:
Photo requirements did not match.
Renewal was questions based on kid’s earlier foreign travel / current passport (who knows).
We never did earlier (got it done by neighbors) and now we are alone to do it by ourselves.
Some information / requirements – we are not interested in knowing your personal things but surely would be looking forward to ‘educate’ ourselves in knowing various possible scenarios in renewing a passport which we ourselves might face in future.

(there is nothing like 'too much' in communication)

Organizzed wrote:

latha wrote: hi

thanks inadvance

"Thanks to Sanjus in particular for possible elaborate answer"

Please see (some URLs may be inappropriate to all ages. Please use your discretion / apply parental controlling software / methods):
www.iwillusegooglebeforeaskingdumbquestions.com/
meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/18620/do-you-google-before-asking-on-stackoverflow
At least, share your additional information like what prompted you to ask here / what you had done before asking here / personal requirements etc.
Please benefit the persons who are 'ready' to share their answers with you.

(Unclear why registration requisite is removed for answering!)

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13319

• Ulp
  • Ulp's Avatar Topic Author

It's Sanjus reputation. People prefer answers from Sanjus than from Google. Sanjus is the Google killer (at least in RTP!). :)

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13321

• Google
  • Google's Avatar Topic Author
You are right. Why waste time searching Google when someone can do for you? In India, I have seen a lot of people asking others to enter password, check emails, reply emails (email holder dictates), and mobile phone calls.

Ulp wrote:

It's Sanjus reputation. People prefer answers from Sanjus than from Google. Sanjus is the Google killer (at least in RTP!). :)

Re: US passport renewal 12 years 9 months ago #13322

• latha
  • latha's Avatar Topic Author
thanks a lot for your help

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds