• Page:

TOPIC: Good Elementary School

Good Elementary School 14 years 10 months ago #1039

Hi Parents,

I am moving to Cary/Morrisville from michigan.

This website is awesome. I spent 2 hrs with this site and zeroed it down to take apartment at Waterford Forest[Kingswood Elementary)900 Waterford Forest Circle or Oaks at weston(Northwoods Elementary/Morrisville Elementary)

I would like to know the best elemntary school around. I heard we may/may not get nearby elemenatry school,unlike in Michigan.

Pls let me know,

Thanks in advance...BSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 10 months ago #1040

Welcome to AT. If I say there are more better schools then are you going to change appartment?

Morrisville Elementary is better choice..rest two are not that popular among Indians.

Please go through this link ...this will help you to know status of each school.

http://www.wcpss.net/test-scores/nc-abcs/2008/elementary.html

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 10 months ago #1041

• A
I think Davis Drive Elementary is better. If you decide to live at one of these subdivisions, I recommend trying for magnet schools.

A

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1244

Thanks to Lady from Cary and A. I greatly appreciate your reply

Could you please let me know, In order for me to join magnet schools, do i need to do anything or just apply or any prerequisite we need to do?

My son goes to 2 nd grade.
I am planning to move to Oak at weston, where Morrisville (year round school)school is there.
If it is year round scholls, do we have any practical problems.?

Is there any magnet school nearby Oaks at weston.

Once again thanks in advance..bsr

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1246

BSR,

You need to apply for Magnet schools before the schoole year begins and very few will be chosen. The criteria is depending on the diversity and the location (apartment or sub-division). The Magnet schools are usually in Raleigh and they are about 45 minutes to one hour bus ride from Oaks at Weston. Unfortunately, the appliation period for this year has ended. Click here to read more information about it.

We were living in Oaks at Weston apartment in 2005 and 2006 and it is a very convenient apartment. Are you sure Oaks at Weston comes under Morrisville year around school? It was under Northwood elementary when we were there about 2 years back.

Thanks
Satish

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1256

• A
It might be late for this year for magnet school but you can still write to them as per the address given in the link provided by Satish. Does your child go to a magent school in current school?

A

BSR wrote:

Thanks to Lady from Cary and A. I greatly appreciate your reply

Could you please let me know, In order for me to join magnet schools, do i need to do anything or just apply or any prerequisite we need to do?

My son goes to 2 nd grade.
I am planning to move to Oak at weston, where Morrisville (year round school)school is there.
If it is year round scholls, do we have any practical problems.?

Is there any magnet school nearby Oaks at weston.

Once again thanks in advance..bsr

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1280

Hi Satish,

Thx for your reply.

If anybody can suggest me, in order to get into Morrisville elementary school, which apartment area I need to choose.

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1281

BSR,
"Legends at Preston"(very good apt complex) come under Morrisville elementary school.
The other one is CrossTimbers, which is also pretty good.There is another one called Bexley at Preston( i'm not sure about this).

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1282

Try to Search Apts on "Morrisville parkway"

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1303

Thanks Shree1205

I would like to take my apartment at Legends at preston, marquis on cary parkway or cross timbers in order to join in my son in morrisville elementary school.

On all those above apartments, where do you find more Indians. Are there good number of Indians at Legends at preston.
Pls clarify

Thanks...BSR

Re:Good Elementary Schools 14 years 9 months ago #1311

• XYZ
BSR,

Marquis on Cary Pkway has a very high Indian population. I have heard that Cross Timbers also has high Indian population. I do not know about Legends at Preston.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
XYZ

Re:Good Elementary Schools 14 years 9 months ago #1313

• A
Is that good or bad?

A
XYZ wrote:

BSR,

Marquis on Cary Pkway has a very high Indian population. I have heard that Cross Timbers also has high Indian population. I do not know about Legends at Preston.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
XYZ

Re:GOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 14 years 9 months ago #1314

BSR,
I know Couple of families(indians) who live in Legends at preston.they tell me , it is very good community.
You will eventually make lot of indian friends.As It is amidst of Indian Crowd.

All the best!

Re:Good Elementary Schools 14 years 9 months ago #1318

• XYZ
A,

It depends on the individual.

During my earlier years after my marriage, I felt it is bad to be around Desis!! I took an apartment far from Desis.

Fast forward 10 years, I now like to be around Desis. I like to have friends for my kids and I feel comfortable around Desis.

How about you?

XYZ

A wrote:

Is that good or bad?

A
XYZ wrote:

BSR,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
XYZ

Re:Good Elementary Schools 14 years 9 months ago #1323

• A
I feel comfortable around honest and reserved people. I have a lot of desis in my sub division and I have to make sure I am properly dressed all the time as my neighbor can drop in asking for sugar, pop corn, milk etc. Though she can come in wearing crazy nice cloths but I feel very uncomfortable.

A

Re:Good elementary school 14 years 6 months ago #3549

• Is this thread still going...
we hav also just moved from michigan and placed at bexley at preston..apartments wise it is good...and my kid goes to K in morrisville elementary...year round but still I find it is good..will hav to wait n see if i see any practical problems..btw...where r u guys residing at...I am in search of some good friends for us and for my kid too...let me know if someone is interested out there...We were in michigan for 5yrs now and I miss the place most as we had tremendous friend circle there...and wish we can hav one here too...

Re:Good elementary school 14 years 6 months ago #3551

yeah..i know how u feel..i miss all my buddies n pals back in NY too (just moved in 3 months bck ourselfZ)as we build a great relationship among us after being there 4 almost 7 yrs..will need to red o the task again but guess time will tell:-)but i do notice friendship among us in At eventhough we have never met bfr:-)

Re:Good elementary school 14 years 6 months ago #3552

We came from Michigan about 5 years back. This place is very good. Better weather, very active Indian community, Good schools and overall excellent for raising kids. Start attending some of the events and you will meet friends sooner than you think.

We live in Breckenridge on Davis Drive about couple of miles from Bexley.

PS: Please do not use upper case for subject. It is considered as screaming.

Re:Good elementary school 14 years 6 months ago #3555

• padma
oops sorry...know that frm before somehow slipped outta my mind..anyways will try to remember this always..thanks...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds