TOPIC: Does Kumon really helps?

Does Kumon really helps? 15 years 4 months ago #10

• chitra12
  • chitra12's Avatar Topic Author
Hi parents,
I have a 6 year old son, and I would like to know how important is Kumon.
I would like to know how useful is it at this age? if any disadvantage, please let us know.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 15 years 4 months ago #14

Hi,
I have 2 kids. Both of them do go to kumon classes. They are in 3rd grade and kindergarden.
I see lot of difference in them after going to kumon. They are faster and can do math very easily.
I feel it really helps your kids.
Thanks

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 15 years 4 months ago #20

• Anonamous
Hi chitra,

I think sending to Kumon may help your kid, But if you work with your kid everyday and if he is able to do the math at his grade level, then you dont need any Kumon.

Hope this helps you.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 15 years 4 months ago #26

Please take a look at www.braingroomer.com

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 15 years 3 months ago #38

• Sajiree
Hello,

I conduct study classes in Cary. These Study classes are tailored for your child’s need and includes daily homework, basic concepts of mathematics and science, revision for exams, as well as helping students with their school projects.

I hail from India and teaching children is not new to me. I had taught in India for 2 years to students ranging from the 3rd to the 10th Standards.
I offer free introductory session with children and their parents to understand their needs better.
The venue of the class will be decided on a mutually accepted location. I can come to you!

These study classes will be designed to be enjoyable and fun, but we will be achieving set goals.

For more details, please contact Sajiree - 970-217-5987.

Thank you,

Sajiree Joshi

Thank You for answering my query. 15 years 3 months ago #39

• Chitra12
Thank you so much for answering my query. I will definetly think about all of your answers and decide.

Thanks to all Desis and Apnatraingle.
:) :)

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 11 months ago #421

Yes it does. It needs more dedication from you than the child. You must be ready to help the child. With the help of Kumon my son skipped a grade during elementary years.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 10 months ago #446

• A
Kumon works if you want the child to remember stuff withount understading the concept. Idea is to make the child mug up Math so that the child does not spend time on calculations.

Kumon does not work if your child likes to ask questions, probe and wants to understand.

A lot of Indian and Chinese children take Kumon.

I am persoanlly not a believer of Kumon.

A

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 10 months ago #569

The Leap N Learn program is designed to provide mastery learning in both math and reading comprehension. Guiding our students each step of the way, we have seen many children get to the top of their class through daily, disciplined study. Leap N Learn is very much like piano practice. A few minutes each day is all it takes to build confidence and focusing skills. Parental involvement is essential for success in Leap N Learn. Children need encouragement at home to make sure the work is completed. Our goal is to develop independent learning skills in preparation for middle and high school.

This is a franchise of Gideon program that is a big hit in Dallas TX area and have centers in CA, NH, RI MA and other states. we started one in NC Morrisville.

2000 Bearcat Way Suite 103, Morrisville NC 27560
Phone 919-651-0734.

www.leapnlearnnow.com/

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 10 months ago #672

• nancy
I'm getting ready to pull my son out.

For $90 per month its no more than endless monotonous workbooks. The "teaching" is sometimes conducted by a child a few years older than my son.

Save your money -- buy workbooks and be committed to spending 5-10 minutes per night on them. Thats all Kumon does is repeat, practice, memorize.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 10 months ago #728

• Leap N Learn
If you are tired of Kumon's monotony but need structure for your child's supplemental learning, come by Leap N Learn. We offer the Gideon curriculum which is a mastery learning program that focuses on math calculations, math word problems (which Kumon doesn't have), reading comprehension, state test taking skills, vocabulary, and grammar. Our tutors are trained and dedicated and will be the only ones guiding the students.

We are just as affordable as Kumon also with prices starting at $80/month. We offer a free testing, so come by and check out our the curriculum.

This is a franchise of Gideon program that is a big hit in Dallas TX area and have centers in CA, NH, RI MA and other states. we started one in NC Morrisville.

2000 Bearcat Way Suite 103, Morrisville NC 27560
Phone 919-651-0734.

www.leapnlearnnow.com/

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 7 months ago #2265

• ABC
So your solution is for them not to waste money at Kumon and come to your business and waste money there

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 7 months ago #2269

• A
Well said ABC. Any additional work help - that is the bottom line

A

ABC wrote:

So your solution is for them not to waste money at Kumon and come to your business and waste money there

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4187

• NC
We liked Leap N Learn program. I am sending my two son’s for both Math and Reading

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4318

• MIT student
Leap n Learn is just a ripoff of Kumon. Kumon is actually based off the research of neuroscientists. Look up the works of Dr. Ryuta Kawashima.

And kumon does have math work problems. Dunno what that other guy is talking about.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4461

I want to send my son to Kuman..How many of you parents advice me on this...

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4465

pinky27 wrote:

I want to send my son to Kuman..How many of you parents advice me on this...

Pinky...welcome back. After reading this thread you want to enroll your son to Kumon?

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4468

Thanks LFC,I wanted to send my son to kumon even before reading the post[:)] ..I dont know how far Kumon helps my kid..but woulod like to give it a shot and see for a month or so... :lol:

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 5 months ago #4469

pinky27 wrote:

Thanks LFC,I wanted to send my son to kumon even before reading the post[:)] ..I dont know how far Kumon helps my kid..but woulod like to give it a shot and see for a month or so... :lol:

It will sure help...but if you are housewife and have some time to spend with son then it is waste of money and time...They give homework for every day...no harm in trying for some time.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds