• Page:

TOPIC: Speeding Ticket in Wake County

Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9408

• ripsbond
  • ripsbond's Avatar Topic Author
I recently got a speeding ticket in Wake County(54/35)... I never been in a court...Can anybody give me some advice on what to do OR expect OR act. Plz advice.
Is going to an attorney is good or go personally to court?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9409

What is your counter argument? What do you want to achieve? Drop the charges or reduce the fines.

It may not be relevant to you. I had got a ticket in Pennsylvania and I represented myself in court. My request was to reduce the speeding and fine. I had 25 over and they reduce it to 15 over.

I have heard from a ex-cop that good lawyers find loopholes in the law and get successful in wining the case. You may want to talk to few lawyers. Wait couple of days and you go lots of letters from lawyers begging/requesting to hire them.

Good luck.

Re:Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9417

• Balachandran
Hi,

Go to the court and request the court to waive the charges based on your past good driving record. Usually the clerk onduty will also guide you. Judges are normally lenient and if you do not have ant traffic violation in the past year or two, they will either waive or reduce it. Key is to ensure that no insurance points are levied. This increases the auto insurance. Hopr this is of some use to you.

Re:Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9420

• MN
I have always deposited the fine.
Never stood up for myself feeling its a diffeent country though at times I felt I was right.
Good to hear the replies.

Re:Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9421

• A
A good lawyer can help you to reduce the fine. But you will pay to lawyer. But he/she can get it reduced enough so that your insurance does NOT increase. That is the main goal here - not to increase premium. Insurance companies love to increase premium.

ripsbond wrote:

I recently got a speeding ticket in Wake County(54/35)... I never been in a court...Can anybody give me some advice on what to do OR expect OR act. Plz advice.
Is going to an attorney is good or go personally to court?

Re:Speeding Ticket in Wake County 13 years 5 months ago #9423

• MN
aha
gotcha

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds