• Page:

TOPIC: Vonage Unlimited world plan

Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 8 months ago #8375

• Neeraj
  • Neeraj's Avatar Topic Author
Today I received a mail from vonage which notifies me that my account shows unusually heavy and/or irregular pattern of use and asked me to limit my calls below 3000 international minutes. "If your usage is not adjusted to reflect normal residential use, we will automatically change your service plan to our Power User plan at a rate of $49.99 per month (plus taxes and fees)."

I primarily moved to vonage because Vonage advertised and sold this service by the name of “VONAGE WORLD” – “Unlimited local and long distance home phone service across the U.S. and Puerto Rico and to more than 60 countries around the world.”

Does this happen to someone too, if yes is there anyway to stop this false advertising??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 8 months ago #8376

• Vishwa
  • Vishwa's Avatar Topic Author
I use around 1000 minutes and it has not happened to me.

I am glad that the days of spending $400 a month is over.

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 8 months ago #8379

• Manoj
  • Manoj's Avatar Topic Author
Vishwa wrote:

I am glad that the days of spending $400 a month is over.

I have been using Airtel's one cent plan for a long time. It gives you 600 minutes for around 10 bucks

Vonage Cheated me with plan ? 13 years 8 months ago #8382

• Unlogged
  • Unlogged's Avatar Topic Author
Neeraj wrote:

Today I received a mail from vonage which notifies me that my account shows unusually heavy and/or irregular pattern of use and asked me to limit my calls below 3000 international minutes. "If your usage is not adjusted to reflect normal residential use, we will automatically change your service plan to our Power User plan at a rate of $49.99 per month (plus taxes and fees)."

I primarily moved to vonage because Vonage advertised and sold this service by the name of “VONAGE WORLD” – “Unlimited local and long distance home phone service across the U.S. and Puerto Rico and to more than 60 countries around the world.”

Does this happen to someone too, if yes is there anyway to stop this false advertising??

Good Read :- forums.vonage.com/showthread.php?t=3105

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 8 months ago #8390

• Manoj
  • Manoj's Avatar Topic Author
Unlimited talk time doesn't mean that you can misuse the plan. For a flat monthly rate, Vonage allows reasonable usage, not unlimited usage. When your usage exceeds normal residential usage, they are not charging you extra, but they are within their right to drop your patronage.

They probably think that you are running a PCO from your home. LOL

P.S.
3,000 minutes/mon is a lot of talk time.

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 6 months ago #8745

• SUDH
  • SUDH's Avatar Topic Author
3000 minutes for $33 is approx 1000 minutes for $10. This is no way different than the India calling cards available in the market. So what is that "UNLIMITED MINUTES" vonage is marketing about?

The TOC should have quantified the "Unlimited" minutes e.g. unlimited minutes for T-Mobile has been capped to 9999 minutes.

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 6 months ago #8749

• Ap
  • Ap's Avatar Topic Author
Which calling gives 1000 minutes for 10$???

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 13 years 3 months ago #10350

• Vonage Hater
  • Vonage Hater's Avatar Topic Author
Raza dot com provide 1000 mintues for $10 and some cheap calling cards will give you 360 minutes for just 2.5 dollar. Vonage Sucks... What vonage is thinking... its really the best trap you can find in the internet..!

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 12 years 2 months ago #16246

• keya
  • keya's Avatar Topic Author
U guys r trying to make fool to all customer....u shows on TOS that we will send u 2 email and then we will charge on credit for over usage but u r cheater...I spend almost $100 and talked 4000 min...pls stop to playing with customers...

Re: Vonage Unlimited world plan 12 years 2 months ago #16248

Hi Neeraj,

What you received was correct. If you cross their 3000 min/month, the system automatically generates this msg. I went thru this twice so far. When I called the customer said they said, its not generated by them but as a caution the systems generated and send the mail to customers.

1)Question - What if I cross the 3000 mins/ billing cycle every time.

I donno for how many times the systems is going to spare us but I crossed twice and still I had the same plan. No service plan changed.

2) Question - I asked the vonage customer, from where did this 3000 mins limit came from, it was never mentioned more over the plan says unlimited.

They said, its in the term & condition which we agreed before signing up, and with that rate plan they can afford to give us flexibility to use uptp 3000 mins.

Sol: I made use that I am within the limit since mine was a home based purpose. Will think of your options of how to cut down to 3000mins.

Re:Vonage Unlimited world plan 12 years 2 months ago #16249

Vonage is worth using only when
1) You have a requirement to closely/fully use all the available 3000 mins per billing cycle and
2) If you use for domestic calls which you cannot get in calling cards.

I used for 2 yrs and then cancelled because I am not full-filling the above two criteria, I feel like I am paying more than what I was using.

One other option could be vonage extension but again no domestic calling flexibility, but not you have an offer for $4.99 per extension and you would be sharing the 3000 mins.

Re: Vonage Unlimited world plan 12 years 2 months ago #16251

• What about with in US calls?
  • What about with in US calls?'s Avatar Topic Author
It appears some people do not need to call with in City, State and USA but need to call India for about 2 hours a day. Go for cheep India cards.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds