• Page:

TOPIC: Baking soda and baking powder?which one to use?

Re:Baking soda and baking powder?which one to use? 11 years 7 months ago #20068

Anonymous wrote: you said tht pinch of yeast will properly ferment idli batter... but sir we a runing a business of idli paste and we sell it in market.. sir i want to know is there any process or any chemical or anything is there to stop fermentation idli batter for 10-15 day..i mean it should b fresh for minimum 10dys ???

is there any chance for tht ??? ;)

I don't know about any chemical to stop fementation but if you add any then it will kill naturalness of dosa batter. I have seen in Indian store.. dosa batter containers puff up due to fermentation energy inside.

Today I have fermented batter in the oven...just now finished preparing dosa. Yesterday night I divided batter in two containers one was 4 qts bowl and another was stainless steel dabba. In eight hours batter doubled reaching edges of both container...I have taken picture that I will post later. Now one container I already placed inside fridge to use tomorrow or later. If I was placing this container yesterday (before fermentation) then it will stay good for one week...I have done that. You will have to take it out earlier day to restart fermentation process.

It appears like you are state wide supplying batter..Buyers look for ready batter to prepare dosa and I guess one can provide that only for local buyers. How your batter is supplied? In refrigerated trucks or ordinary trucks? You can use stronger and extra larger containers, allow it to ferment 40% only before loading it in trucks...give instructions to leave out for 8 hours before use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds