• Page:

TOPIC: Is this teaching style normal/efficient?

Is this teaching style normal/efficient? 5 years 1 month ago #32079

• scarlettaria
  • scarlettaria's Avatar Topic Author
I'm taking a school CS class, and this course is instructing C++ using a linux terminal, and nano as the editorial manager. Things are spared in the catalogs inside the school linux framework through the terminal. I feel like the utilization of the terminal box is making errands which should take minutes take so any longer. We made a basic program and spared it and submitted it. This took the class 2 hours. This would have taken me minutes utilizing notepad++ on windows as I've done before in a class at an alternate school with learn many things like teaching styles by 2030 . Is it true that they are developing to something, does it get quicker, or is this framework just frightfully wasteful? I don't comprehend why they would pick this framework.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this teaching style normal/efficient? 5 years 1 month ago #32081

Yours is a great question. At the core of it if I understand correct what you are asking is why do things from command line in Linux when you can simply do it using notepad++ or any text editor. The real reason is your school wants you to get comfortable with Linux commands and OS in general. This will help you through out your professional career in technology if that is what you aim to do. Linux is used in server for majority of the applications in the world today. Though desktop users are majority windows. Once you step into the back end realm Linux is a must know. If you learn the Linux commands and internals thoroughly it will open numerous professional doors for you for the rest of your career. For home practice I would recommend get Ubuntu, its a free Linux distro based on Debian more here www.ubuntu.com/ it is very easy to install and you get the Linux terminal where you can practice your commands and do a lot bunch of other fun in Linux. Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds