• Page:

TOPIC: Be careful when you walk in community after dark.

Be careful when you walk in community after dark. 9 years 6 months ago #25711

• Lady_from_cary
  • Lady_from_cary's Avatar Topic Author
Stay safe, Don't wear any precious jewellery, don't walk alone..I guess we need to be very careful any where we are in Cary after dark or even in day time.

Read this robbery news.

Police are looking for at least one person who they believe robbed two people with a knife Wednesday night in Cary.

Police Capt. Randall Rhyne said both muggings occurred on Cary Glen Boulevard, west of U.S. Highway 55, at about 9:45 p.m.

The first happened near Weldon Ridge, where a man had a cellphone and necklace stolen. The second happened near Lantern Ridge Lane. That victim had a cellphone and wallet stolen.

The news has been circulating through the neighborhood after one of the victims sent an email recounting his experience of walking in a well-lit area that made him feel safe.

"Somebody pulled my shirt firmly around the collar from the behind. As I turned around, he brandished a big kitchen knife in his right hand," the man wrote in the message.

The man continued, saying that he grabbed the robber's wrist instinctively but decided to play it safe when he saw an accomplice approach.

"It's scary. We live in a neighborhood that I thought was safe," said Julie Bertolini, who's lived in the neighborhood for eight years. "There are people walking all the time. That's the thing. There's such a safe feeling I don't think people thought this was ever going to happen around here."

Police, say both victims were walking alone when they were approached.

"We've been canvassing the neighborhood and talking to the homeowners association and other folks to try and get the information out," Rhyne said. "We also will be following up with the area businesses to see if anyone saw anything,"

A description of the mugger was vague. He was described only as being tall and thin and wearing a dark hooded shirt.

Those who may have any information that would help police are asked to contact Cary Police (919) 469-4012.

Link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Be careful when you walk in community after dark. 9 years 6 months ago #25721

Hi LFC,

Thanks for sharing the news with the community. Now they are done with homes, and attacking people directly? We have to be extra careful and watch our surroundings. I agree with you of not wearing any precious jewelry and walking alone.

Thanks again
Kubi

Be careful when you walk in community after dark. 9 years 6 months ago #25725

Cary Police Search for Suspect in Holiday Home Break In

September 3, 2014

CARY, NC – The Cary Police Department is investigating why a seemingly innocent knock on the front door quickly led to a home invasion on Labor Day. Around 2 p.m. on September 1, Town of Cary police responded to a report of a residential robbery on Windy Peak Loop in Cary. Investigations revealed that a man knocked on the front door of the home, and once the door opened, forced his way into the residence. The suspect, who displayed a knife, then robbed the occupants of cash; he fled on foot from the residence. No injuries were reported.

www.townofcary.org/Departments/townmanagersoffice/pio/News_Releases/2014newsreleases/police-breakinsuspectsought.htm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds