• Page:

TOPIC: Collins Grove Townhomes

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25494

Any bought townhomes at Collins Grove,Cary?. Please let me know the feedback. I understand the biggest advantage is the schools (Davis Drive Elementary), but let me know if there are any specific pros/cons. How is Standard pacific compared to other builders?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25495

If you want a Brand new home with base school as Davis drive,only option is Collins grove.
Pros:
School district
Prime location ,Right in heart of RTP
Excellent investment returns
Delaney model is almost like decent single family home with 2 car garage
There are more than 500 people in the VIP waiting list to buy 100 homes,Just imagine the demand for this community
Easily rentable,resaleable
Cons:
Townhome

Please feel free to mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25496

Not sure what your ROI model is - care to share?

The biggest con is the rail track very next to Collins Grove:

as per Cary News:
"The N.C. Railroad track carries six Amtrak passenger trains and usually about six Norfolk Southern freight trains every day. DOT plans to add daily passenger trains over the coming decade."

I'd not make my investment and/or real estate decision based on the Waiting List. In recent past, not only there were VIP list, waiting lists (& what not) but there were price-bidding wars, lotteries for Lennar's Fryar's Gate properties. There were some discussion on this forum from the new tenants of the community - be sure to read it. This VIP list, waiting list is all a hype to create a "pseudo" rush. Agreed there's a genuine demand though.

Just because the tickets were sold-out for the movie "Kick" in advance does not make it a good film :)

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25497

boston2013 wrote: Excellent investment returns

Care to share the ROI analysis?

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25498

sanjus wrote: "The N.C. Railroad track carries six Amtrak passenger trains and usually about six Norfolk Southern freight trains every day. DOT plans to add daily passenger trains over the coming decade."

I think this refers to the line that runs parallel to 54 in some parts. For the frequency of trains along the DD route, OP should google for reviews about Ellington Place. It is right by the tracks (a bit further down in Apex) and has plenty of information from homeowners/ prospective buyers.

Collins Grove Townhomes 9 years 8 months ago #25504

Thanks @RT for the correction.

Got more info (from other forums) on Rail Routes that run in Cary:

1. There is the NC RR which is run by Norfolk Southern and probably sees a couple dozen fast, heavy, and long trains a day, including six Amtrak trains. This one runs parallel to NC54 through Cary.

2. There is the CSX "S" line which runs parallel to Old Apex Road and Salem Street. This sees two Amtrak trains per day and probably two to four freight trains.

3. There is another CSX line that runs parallel to Davis Drive and NC55. This one has no more than two freight trains daily (one in each direction) and the trains move no faster than 10mph.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds