• Page:

TOPIC: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote

Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14799

• satish
  • satish's Avatar Topic Author
Tomorrow is election for several Muncipalities. Please vote and make your voice count.

Steve Rao is contesting for Morrisville Town Council. I feel Steve is the right candidate for Morrisville as he has good economic plan for Morrisville and he brings experience working with technology companies and Entreprenuership. Also, he was a top 50 tennis player in US and he is a very active runner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14801

• satish
Here is a message from Steve..

My fellow citizens,

I want to encourage each of you to vote on Nov. 8th at Good Hope Baptist Church, from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. I encourage you to vote for all of the candidiates on the ballot and there are four races, so please vote for the candidiate of your choice, and of course this Tuesday.

I’m Steve Rao and I’m running for Morrisville Town Council to help create new jobs and a stronger economy; to cut wasteful government spending and to manage our budgets and debt at Town Hall.

I’m a businessman and as one of your next Morrisville Councilmen, I want to be your Ambassador for Small Business.

I have spent my career creating jobs, writing business plans and executing them. I believe we need a successful business leader to help chart the course for our town’s future.

I want to represent your interests. I want to be a voice for small business owners and entrepreneurs in Morrisville. For the past 11 years, my wife, Komal, and I have been proud to call Morrisville home. My wife is a medical doctor with a successful pediatrics practice in Raleigh. I work with Alphanumerics in technology marketing.

My candidacy offers the town new ideas and new leadership. I will work to improve accountability and fiscal responsibility. I will emphasize open, transparent government that really works to provide our citizens the absolute best customer service.

We all want the best for our community. As your Town Councilman; I will listen. I will be committed to work with the Mayor and Council to bring people together. I will work to chart a course that provides the foundation for a great future for our present and future generations.

I ask for your consideration and support

Sincerely,

Steve S. Rao

At Large Candidate, Morrisville Town Council

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14802

• Anonymous
It is only for Morrisville residents who are US citizen. Correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14803

• satish
Yes, Morrisville residents who are US citizens can vote for Steve Rao. He is contesting for Morrisville Town councilman. I guess about 700 total votes would help him win. So, any one who can vote, please consider voting.

PS: The election is going on for several municipalites in Wake county. For details visit - www.wakegov.com/elections/default.htm

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14804

• samosa

satish wrote: Yes, Morrisville residents who are US citizens can vote for Steve Rao. He is contesting for Morrisville Town councilman. I guess about 700 total votes would help him win. So, any one who can vote, please consider voting.

PS: The election is going on for several municipalites in Wake county. For details visit - www.wakegov.com/elections/default.htm

why should desies in USA vote for a desi candidate and not vote on merit? why should desies in USA continue to practice caste based politics?

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14805

samosa wrote: why should desies in USA vote for a desi candidate and not vote on merit?

Politics is about representation. I think, with Morrisville having a sizeable Indian population, it is important to have representation in the local government for this community. This is not to say you should vote for a candidate of questionable competency and integrity. I think Steve Rao deserves your attention based on merit alone.

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14807

• Anoymous
I agree with you. Every one shall vote based on merit. In this case, it seems like Steve is the most meritorious candidate based on what I heard. Unfortunately I cannot vote though.

samosa wrote:

satish wrote: Yes, Morrisville residents who are US citizens can vote for Steve Rao. He is contesting for Morrisville Town councilman. I guess about 700 total votes would help him win. So, any one who can vote, please consider voting.

why should desies in USA vote for a desi candidate and not vote on merit? why should desies in USA continue to practice caste based politics?

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14809

• satish
Random thoughts, well said. Politics is about representation. I feel we should help Steve win because -
His credentials are good and he has a great work ethic.
Having him in town council will help South Asians to have a better say in town policies.
Town will be more receiptive of unique requirement - Example cricket field, Diwali holiday celebrations...
Other politicians wil be cognitive of the voter base and be friendly to issues affecting South Asian issues.

If you not voted please vote. You have time till 7:30 PM

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14810

• Anoymous
Like his name, Random Thoughts lives at a random location and most likely cannot vote.

satish wrote: Random thoughts, well said. Politics is about representation. I feel we should help Steve win because -
His credentials are good and he has a great work ethic.
Having him in town council will help South Asians to have a better say in town policies.
Town will be more receiptive of unique requirement - Example cricket field, Diwali holiday celebrations...
Other politicians wil be cognitive of the voter base and be friendly to issues affecting South Asian issues.

If you not voted please vote. You have time till 7:30 PM

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14811

Anoymous wrote: Like his name, Random Thoughts lives at a random location and most likely cannot vote.

I do my bit, at random intervals. :)

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14813

• samosa

random.thoughts wrote:

samosa wrote: why should desies in USA vote for a desi candidate and not vote on merit?

Politics is about representation. I think, with Morrisville having a sizeable Indian population, it is important to have representation in the local government for this community. This is not to say you should vote for a candidate of questionable competency and integrity. I think Steve Rao deserves your attention based on merit alone.

What are community based issues in Morrisville - issues that impact the Indian population alone. Have there been incidences of racial profiling, violence, or even discrimination against people of Indian origin? Is Steve Rao committing anything to stand up for the rights of people from India?

What merit or community experience does Steve Rao bring to the table to deserve anyone's vote? I think this is just an attempt by some desies to bring India style politics to USA.

Steve leading in initial counting 12 years 4 months ago #14814

• satish
Steve has 59% votes and next contestant has abou 21% of votes.

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14815

• satish
Samosa, What is 'India style politics'?

Steve Rao the winner? 12 years 4 months ago #14816

• satish1
Steve Rao got 59% and results have come from all 5 precincts.

results.enr.clarityelections.com/NC/Wake/33127/49234/en/summary.html

The results are still showing as unofficial. We just have to wait for some more time.

Re: Tuesday 8th is election - Please vote 12 years 4 months ago #14817

Looks like Steve won. Congratulations! Look forward to his achievements in elected office.

Steve won 12 years 4 months ago #14818

• satish
Yes, he won. I met him yesterday evening and he is starting to work on items that he promised. He is going to have few information sessions. We can use this forum to discuss items and take it to him.

We have elected him and we now have to work with him to achieve what we want for the city and the community.

Re: Steve won 12 years 4 months ago #14819

Seems like Anna effect on Satish ;)

satish wrote: We have elected him and we now have to work with him to achieve what we want for the city and the community.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds