• Page:

TOPIC: fresh fish

fresh fish 12 years 9 months ago #13161

• Aqua
  • Aqua's Avatar Topic Author
Any one know where we can get freshwater fish LIVE???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: fresh fish 12 years 9 months ago #13162

Aqua wrote: Any one know where we can get freshwater fish LIVE???

I have never seen any fish shop selling fresh water fish live. They have only Tilapia tanks and if you pick from tank, they will clean for you. (SeaDepot at chatham and Asia market on buck jones road.)

Yesterday I got King fish from sea depot..just now finished making curry and big steaks are baking in oven. Fish is very fresh and that makes big difference in taste.

Here they do fishing on lakes but after catching they let them swim back in water.

Many years back one Oriya man used to do fishing and get all his catch back home..His wife used to clean the fish and stock in freezer.

Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14087

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Aqua wrote: Any one know where we can get freshwater fish LIVE???

I have never seen any fish shop selling fresh water fish live. They have only Tilapia tanks and if you pick from tank, they will clean for you. (SeaDepot at chatham and Asia market on buck jones road.)

Yesterday I got King fish from sea depot..just now finished making curry and big steaks are baking in oven. Fish is very fresh and that makes big difference in taste.

Here they do fishing on lakes but after catching they let them swim back in water.

Many years back one Oriya man used to do fishing and get all his catch back home..His wife used to clean the fish and stock in freezer.

This is what I cooked and enjoyed two months ago...If you like fish then do visit those two mentioned sea food shops in Cary. I made king fish curry,Fry, locally grown green beans stir fry with fresh basil.

Attachments:

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14089

• rag
  • rag's Avatar Topic Author
hi
which salad r u serving with this curry...can u share salads recipie

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14091

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
Can you please share the recipe of the fish u made. It looks so yummy.

Thanx

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14092

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
LFC, you need to invite us to taste your food so that we can confirm that you are good. Pictures don't do that.

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14094

• Manoj Fan
  • Manoj Fan's Avatar Topic Author
Manoj Sir,

The way you have expressed it leaves LFC with no option but to invite all of us for a 'frying the fish' event in Cary !!! Ofcourse, you will be the Chief Guest.

LFC,

You can't invite Manoj Ji with out inviting me !

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14100

LFC,

Awesome pictures.Please post the recipe.

I just checked your other message about the Haleem recipe. I will include it in the AT members recipes.

Thank you

Re: Fresh fish in Cary. 12 years 7 months ago #14112

rag wrote: hi
which salad r u serving with this curry...can u share salads recipie

Anonymous wrote: Can you please share the recipe of the fish u made. It looks so yummy.

Thanx

It is actually green bean and yellow bean stir fry I made. Quite simple to make, I will share recipe soon.

Anonymous wrote: LFC, you need to invite us to taste your food so that we can confirm that you are good. Pictures don't do that.

:cheer: Decide time and date, all foodies from AT can meet sometime.

Manoj Fan wrote: Manoj Sir,

The way you have expressed it leaves LFC with no option but to invite all of us for a 'frying the fish' event in Cary !!! Ofcourse, you will be the Chief Guest.

LFC,

You can't invite Manoj Ji with out inviting me !

Thanks in advance.

ManojFan, Frying the Fish event in Cary sounds interesting...but I guess this anonymous is not Manoj, he is missing for some time now..hope to see him around soon.

kubi wrote: LFC,

Awesome pictures.Please post the recipe.

I just checked your other message about the Haleem recipe. I will include it in the AT members recipes.

Thank you

Thanks Kubi, I will soon post recipe.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds