• Page:

TOPIC: H1b stamping

H1b stamping 12 years 9 months ago #13149

• apna_rtp
  • apna_rtp's Avatar Topic Author
hey folks,
Does anyone have gone for H1b visa stamping in India. Can share their experiences. I am planning to visit India for stamping. Responses are appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: H1b stamping 12 years 9 months ago #13151

• H1B1
Take all the necessary documents. If you are working for a consulting company, make sure that you can prove that you are working at a client location. They seem to have gotten very strict and delaying stamping without giving any reason. Also, check out immihelp forums at www.immihelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Re: H1b stamping 12 years 9 months ago #13152

One of the important things you need to ensure before you visit India is that location on petition matches your office (work) address. There's a difference between Employer address and Work Address.

eg: if your H1 petition was filed for a biz location in Raleigh, NC, then your office (or if you are at a client site) address should be Raliegh or within certain miles of radius.

Not to scare you, but be very careful on what you answer esp if you are working for a client thru a Consulting Organization. There are some rules that apply for consultants working at client-site you should be aware of. Recently, I have heard this issue is become the bone-of-contention at the immgigration check point while returning back.

You can check on immigration forums. I was frequent vistor of murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic

murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=1024039761&f=4724019812 for H1 Visa Stamping

It would be helpful if you could specify whether you are hired by a consulting org (don't need to name it) or by a end-user company.

Good Luck.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds