• Page:

TOPIC: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest?

Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13121

• Speeding Desi
  • Speeding Desi's Avatar Topic Author
I got a speeding ticket in Raleigh today evening doing a 69 mph in a 45 mph zone. I had just exited 40-east and wanted to go to RDU. I have applied for green card. Will this cause any problem. Do I have to go to jail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13122

Dont worry. Just pay your fine and you would be fine... Only DUI creates issues .. not 15 over

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13123

• Speeding Desi
  • Speeding Desi's Avatar Topic Author
Forgot to mention that the cop handed me a court date notice and told me appear in court. I won't be able to sleep for the next 12 days if I hear that they might arrest me on a class 2 misdemenour. Usually, it's a fine right? Any suggestions? Satish ji, Manoj Sir? I am freaking out.....

Will NEVER spped again.

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13127

• Desi
  • Desi's Avatar Topic Author

Speeding Desi wrote: Forgot to mention that the cop handed me a court date notice and told me appear in court. I won't be able to sleep for the next 12 days if I hear that they might arrest me on a class 2 misdemenour. Usually, it's a fine right? Any suggestions? Satish ji, Manoj Sir? I am freaking out.....

Will NEVER spped again.

Arrest? Never heard about that for 15+ speeding. They could probably fine you $1000 but I am not sure if they would arrest you.

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13128

Speeding Desi wrote: Forgot to mention that the cop handed me a court date notice and told me appear in court. I won't be able to sleep for the next 12 days if I hear that they might arrest me on a class 2 misdemenour. Usually, it's a fine right? Any suggestions? Satish ji, Manoj Sir? I am freaking out.....

Will NEVER spped again.

Relax!! no need to freak or fear. Jails are full, they won't arrest you.

I was thinking to post some question related to driving errors and this new violation question was posted, now I will wait until Satish ji Manoj Sir give their suggestions and you start getting sound sleep.:)

Please drive extra slow on Evans road during school time. Every day there is aggressive police petrol. I am sure at least one Indian will come forward and confess his ticket for speeding on Evans Rd.

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13130

LFC,

I agree jails are quite full.

Manoj Sir,

Please come back. The community is really missing your learned presence. Thanks to Moderators I have now a registered ID on the website.

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13131

Will NEVER spped again.

Everyone's experience varies and everyone's situation is different. Only Google helps you.
Having said that, I want to go point wise (to avoid confusion)

1. Highly unlike to be arrested (almost nil)
2. Affects your GC only if you DUI (that too, frequent cases). Affect may include delay but not suspension.
3. Posted speed + 15 MPH comes under aggressive driving, requires personal attendance in the court, higher fine, things like that (not jail though)
4. Go for attorney, select the one who is associated / aware of the court, not to the spot of speeding. Shop around and ask as many question as you have (and observe their reactions). Some questions include (answer in the brackets with 'x' means you better search another lawyer!)
Do I need to attend the court? (Yes - x)
Do you need my past driving record (which is clean)? (No - x)
Do I have to pay you only cash / check (not credit cards)? (Yes - x)
Do you include the court fees also in the total you are claiming? (No - x)
Do you reduce your fee if the court exempts me and reduces their own fees? (No - x)
I belong to another state. Do you not need that state's driving record? (No -x)
Do you accept scanned copies / e-documentation rather than physical mails? (No -x)
Listen to what they say and go for the 'best' lawyer your heart says. But, shop around.
5. Just be ready with neat suit (tie, etc) just in case you need to go, but it is <95% chances that you need to go to court.
6. Be prepared to have enough money to cover lawyer fees + court fees (may be around 350 + 150).

Aggressive driving is not only financially taxing which is secondary but also dangerous to you and also to fellow drivers. Practice "cruise" with posted speed + 5 - 7 MPH. That saves gas, extra efforts (leg pains), and speeding tickets in general leading to not only safe driving but also using the technology helps you in long run in other walks of life as well.

Relax and you did not do something that will immediately put you behind the bars. However, do not ever make this as a regular practice.

Good Luck and happy, and safe driving.

(Whatever happened is happened. Lack of proper sleep will only increase the chances of aggressive driving)

Google at least (i) What to talk / ask attorney for aggressive driving (ii) how to select / what to look for attorney for aggressive driving (iii) speedtrap.org (iv) cruise control pros and cons

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13133

:cheer: So we need to thank spammers for temporary hold on guest postings, AT's two regular guest posters got registered.

Welcome back ManojFan and RaviZRavi (Aka ..... I guess his detail reply tells his past id)

Who is next to get registered?

@ Speeding Desi did you sleep well yesterday night?

Re: Caught speeding: 69 mph in 45 mph zone: arrest? 12 years 9 months ago #13135

ravizravi wrote: Everyone's experience varies and everyone's situation is different. Only Google helps you.
Having said that, I want to go point wise (to avoid confusion)

1. Highly unlike to be arrested (almost nil)
2. Affects your GC only if you DUI (that too, frequent cases). Affect may include delay but not suspension.
3. Posted speed + 15 MPH comes under aggressive driving, requires personal attendance in the court, higher fine, things like that (not jail though)
4. Go for attorney, select the one who is associated / aware of the court, not to the spot of speeding. Shop around and ask as many question as you have (and observe their reactions). Some questions include (answer in the brackets with 'x' means you better search another lawyer!)
Do I need to attend the court? (Yes - x)
Do you need my past driving record (which is clean)? (No - x)
Do I have to pay you only cash / check (not credit cards)? (Yes - x)
Do you include the court fees also in the total you are claiming? (No - x)
Do you reduce your fee if the court exempts me and reduces their own fees? (No - x)
I belong to another state. Do you not need that state's driving record? (No -x)
Do you accept scanned copies / e-documentation rather than physical mails? (No -x)
Listen to what they say and go for the 'best' lawyer your heart says. But, shop around.
5. Just be ready with neat suit (tie, etc) just in case you need to go, but it is <95% chances that you need to go to court.
6. Be prepared to have enough money to cover lawyer fees + court fees (may be around 350 + 150).

Aggressive driving is not only financially taxing which is secondary but also dangerous to you and also to fellow drivers. Practice "cruise" with posted speed + 5 - 7 MPH. That saves gas, extra efforts (leg pains), and speeding tickets in general leading to not only safe driving but also using the technology helps you in long run in other walks of life as well.

Relax and you did not do something that will immediately put you behind the bars. However, do not ever make this as a regular practice.

Good Luck and happy, and safe driving.

(Whatever happened is happened. Lack of proper sleep will only increase the chances of aggressive driving)

Google at least (i) What to talk / ask attorney for aggressive driving (ii) how to select / what to look for attorney for aggressive driving (iii) speedtrap.org (iv) cruise control pros and cons

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds