• Page:

TOPIC: Congratulations Scotty!!

Congratulations Scotty!! 12 years 10 months ago #12538

• Lady_from_cary
  • Lady_from_cary's Avatar Topic Author

Garner, N.C. — "American Idol" champion Scotty McCreery's hometown of Garner and his fans across the state celebrated Thursday, the day after he won the national TV singing competition.

"It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm just on top of the world right now. I never would have dreamed this would have happened," said McCreery, a 17-year-old country crooner with a deep voice.
More than 8,000 of those fans cheered loudly at a viewing party in the RBC Center in Raleigh Wednesday night.

"I saw the shots of the RBC Center back home, and I was loving every minute of it. I wish they could have seen me just going crazy," McCreery said.

Three of his biggest fans – childhood friends and part of the Blue Crew, a student fan club at Garner Magnet High School – were also at the first viewing parties when fewer than 100 people gathered in Garner to watch McCreery at the start of this season of "American Idol."

"From that to last night at the RBC Center, home of the Wolfpack and the Hurricanes, 8,200 people screaming for Scotty – it doesn't get much better than that," Garner High student Colin Perry said.

Krispy Kreme gave 2,400 donuts to help Garner High students and staff celebrate Thursday, and signs congratulating Scotty decorated businesses, school, apartment complexes and town buildings throughout Garner.

"We've been excited about it since he first went off, and we've been just thrilled to have him be a part of our office and be part of the whole excitement of the town," said Leah Isadore, who works with McCreery's mother. "This has been great for Garner. We're just so proud."

McCreery's friends said they can't wait to see him again. McCreery has said he doesn't know how his world will change, but he hopes to get home soon.

"I'm going to have some fun and celebrate with my family, and I can't wait to get back to Garner," he said.

Link...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Congratulations Scotty!! 12 years 10 months ago #12539

Never was an American Idol fan (since I don't follow much of Western songs) except when Sanjay was there - for obvious reasons ;)

Glad Scotty brought NC on the national platform!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds