• Page:

TOPIC: Reg Dual Citizenship

Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12279

• Indian
  • Indian's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Does anyone know whether the baby who born here can get dual citizenship(of US and India). Recently I heard that there is no possibility for dual citizenship. If so, what will be the case if we move to India forever.I mean, how about the education of the baby in India. Will there be any problem if he/she stays taking POI. Will he be treated as NRI till 18 years. Pls suggest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12280

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
You need to apply for the OCI card.

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12281

• Anonymous
When you return, you can get Indian citizenship for your child. At that time you will have to surrender his/her US citizenship. I have a cousin and her son was born here in US while they were on a short term assignment. They returned to India and so far have not felt the need to get Indian citizenship for the kid who is now almost 10.

A US citizen by birth is a US citizen forever. So, even if you get Indian citizenship for this child, you/he/she can just show up at a US consulate in India with his/her birth certificate and get his/her US citizenship reinstated. Of course the kid will forgo his/her Indian citizenship at that time ... but then who gives a ... you know what.

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12284

• Mehul Darji
  • Mehul Darji's Avatar Topic Author
Yes apply for OCI card that is equivalent to dual citizen, if you moved India for forever and lived there again at-least about 1 or 2 you will be consider as Indian citizen again. if you need information about it email me for you questions at (EMAIL REMOVED BY MODERATORS, PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL IDS.), or you can go to website indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/homepage

My Daughter is also born in USA but because of this OCI we do not have to take indian visa for forever, OCI is kind of dual citizen and life long visa for India that never expires. Hope this will help.

Thanks
Mehul Darji

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12285

• Indian
  • Indian's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you very much for the information. It helps a lot. Will the child be treated as NRI in educational syatem. That is my query.

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12286

• Anonymous

Indian wrote: Thank you very much for the information. It helps a lot. Will the child be treated as NRI in educational syatem. That is my query.

NRI? why? maybe resident American since the kid will be in India and not an Indian citizen.

If the kid goes to school, in USA, they don't discriminate

Re: Reg Dual Citizenship 12 years 11 months ago #12289

If both parents are Indian citizens, the minor applicant is not eligible for OCI until the applicant turns 18 or a parent is naturalized...

Thought this is critical for you to note before you apply for the OCI..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds