• Page:

TOPIC: Apple,Pear, Flower Trees for 14$ in Food lion.

Apple,Pear, Flower Trees for 14$ in Food lion. 12 years 11 months ago #11742

• Lady_from_cary
  • Lady_from_cary's Avatar Topic Author
Any one interested to plant apple,pear,dogwood,red bud and few other trees, Please check at Food Lion on Maynard road, opposite to walgreen.
Trees are almost 5ft tall and look healthy. 13.99 is very good price because other places they cost above 20$.

I live in town home so can not plant fruit tree or else I would have picked few. Today I planted one yellow knockout rose..and in coming days I will grow some herbs,flowers and may be few veggies in pots.

Potatoes grow great in big pots..Last year I had planted organic fingerling potatoes and got 25 potatoes from one pot.

Go ahead and share what you all are planting in your garden? You are most welcome to share pictures. :)

This year I got bonus pudina..all those tiny plants are result of my last years Pudina plant from pot. I need to arrange it well..few I will plant in pots and few I will leave at the same place.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Apple,Pear, Flower Trees for 14$ in Food lion. 12 years 11 months ago #11745

LFC,

Good job starting the flowers and plants thread.

Nice to see last year mint is still growing after the winter.

I have planted some veggies and flower plants. They are very tiny, will post the pics once they grow little bigger. I have tulips in front of my home. My In laws planted it while going back to India in November. Now my day starts everyday looking at the tulips. will take the picture and post it tomorrow.

What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12117

• Lady_from_cary
Lowes got very nice herb plants..I got few. Adding revised picture of pudina after three weeks.

Attachments:

Roses are blooming all around Triangle. 12 years 10 months ago #12118

• Lady_from_cary
Lovely roses are blooming all around Cary.

Attachments:

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12119

• Mint
Wow!!!!Seems like you do not need to buy any mint this season.
By the way are you the one who supplies mint leaves to Indian grocery stores? May be we can buy some from you.

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12120

• Lady_from_cary

Mint wrote: Wow!!!!Seems like you do not need to buy any mint this season.
By the way are you the one who supplies mint leaves to Indian grocery stores? May be we can buy some from you.

Yes, I don't need to buy mint this year and these nicely grown mint inspires me to cook yummy dishes. This is good enough for one family and actually I have no permission to grow in land..I am in violation already but I will maintain until I get letter. Last year it was in that red tray and roots spread out to surrounding land so this extra mint I got. I don't supply to grocery store. Why don't you plant this year so that by end of summer you too can have enough mint. I will create few pots and give away. If you like Thai food then check with Lowes, they got nice basil plants. I got two varieties.

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12121

• Reader
Wow beautiful picture Lady.

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12122

and why do you say you are in violation? Do you need permissin from Town of Cary to grown in land or is it your HOA?

Lady_from_cary wrote: and actually I have no permission to grow in land..I am in violation already but I will maintain until I get letter.

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12215

• Lady_from_cary
@ Reader Thanks.

@ Sanju, No I don't need permission from town of cary but it is restriction of Townhome HOA. They inspect and issue violations..some flower plants are ok to plant in ground. Only pot planting is allowed.

sanjus wrote: and why do you say you are in violation? Do you need permissin from Town of Cary to grown in land or is it your HOA?

Lady_from_cary wrote: and actually I have no permission to grow in land..I am in violation already but I will maintain until I get letter.

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12238

• Reader
Lady,

I found some pictures of spring flowers at that blogger "A" site. Check out

arealblogger.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-flowers.html

Lady_from_cary wrote: @ Reader Thanks.

@ Sanju, No I don't need permission from town of cary but it is restriction of Townhome HOA. They inspect and issue violations..some flower plants are ok to plant in ground. Only pot planting is allowed.

sanjus wrote: and why do you say you are in violation? Do you need permissin from Town of Cary to grown in land or is it your HOA?

Re: What Triangle desis are growing in their garden?? 12 years 10 months ago #12244

• Lady_from_cary
Thanks Reader, I do check his blog regularly..both the flower captures are beautiful.

Reader wrote: Lady,

I found some pictures of spring flowers at that blogger "A" site. Check out

arealblogger.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-flowers.html

Lady_from_cary wrote: @ Reader Thanks.

Veggies in my backyard.. 12 years 10 months ago #12351

Hey lady from cary,

Your pictures inspired me to post some of the veggie plants pictures from my backyard. I hope other ladies will join us.

Cucumber Plant very tiny one, already with flowers. Very soon to enjoy the cucumber.

Gongura Leaves.

Turai plant

I am not sure if this is watermelon or Lauki, there are so many flowers to bloom in this plant.

Mint

Share What is growing in your garden? 12 years 10 months ago #12431

• Lady_from_cary
Kubi, Looks great. Plants grow so quick here. I have planted few herbs and show plants. Few days back I planted yellow knockout rose, that got almost dozen buds. Mums (shevanti) buds are nearing to bloom.

New feature is nice - Thanking the poster. Look below your post. :)

All your pictures are upside down..Let me post one picture to test.

I am sure birdies have made nests around many homes in Triangle. Here is picture of sparrow nest built out side my main door. I am enjoying their company.

Attachments:

What are you growing this summer? 12 years 8 months ago #13134

• Lady_from_cary
Check the last two Mint pictures before seeing this attached one..Mint is grown so well and tall...now flowers are blooming...This is first time I saw mint growing this tall..almost 4 ft.

Attachments:

Aboli flowers (Kanakambara flowers) 12 years 8 months ago #13136

• Lady_from_cary
Aboli flower plant.

Attachments:

Nice fully bloomed Kanakambara Plant in lowes. 12 years 8 months ago #13294

• Lady_from_cary
If any one is looking for Kanakambara plant may visit lowes @ Maynard. I paid 6$. Above picture is more indian breed and that survived last winter.

Attachments:

Lauki (squash)in my backyard 12 years 8 months ago #13295

LFC,

I wanted to post this picture long back but did not. Your picture inspired me to post it. Thanks.

Attachments:

Re: Lauki (squash)in my backyard 12 years 8 months ago #13296

• Lady_from_cary

kubi wrote: LFC,

I wanted to post this picture long back but did not. Your picture inspired me to post it. Thanks.

Kubi that is amazing Lauki..never seen this long launki with such a beautiful curve...Wonderful picture..tell your daughter that she gave super pose for this picture.She looks so cute. :)

Re: Lauki (squash)in my backyard 12 years 8 months ago #13297

• Louki
Wow. I have to agree with LFC

Lady_from_cary wrote:

kubi wrote: LFC,

Kubi that is amazing Lauki..never seen this long launki with such a beautiful curve...Wonderful picture..tell your daughter that she gave super pose for this picture.She looks so cute. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds