TOPIC: Puzzles

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1087

I read it four times...still unable to understand why Bus conductor did not die first two times but died third time.

I added Karma points to logu for starting good thread. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1089

Lady_from_cary wrote:

I read it four times...still unable to understand why Bus conductor did not die first two times but died third time.

I added Karma points to logu for starting good thread. :)


Thanks LFC :) I will wait till tomorrow for the answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1090

Logu,

Nice thread. Even I was not able to solve the puzzel. Waiting to know the answer. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1091

Logu wrote:

Lady_from_cary wrote:

I read it four times...still unable to understand why Bus conductor did not die first two times but died third time.

I added Karma points to logu for starting good thread. :)


Thanks LFC :) I will wait till tomorrow for the answer.


Logu, I read again loudly for my family three times...third time punishment is some change..may be there is the clue for his death.I will wait for answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1092

Lady_from_cary wrote:

Logu wrote:

Lady_from_cary wrote:

I read it four times...still unable to understand why Bus conductor did not die first two times but died third time.

I added Karma points to logu for starting good thread. :)


Thanks LFC :) I will wait till tomorrow for the answer.


Logu, I read again loudly for my family three times...third time punishment is some change..may be there is the clue for his death.I will wait for answer.


Yes. That is the clue.

More clear clue : See the difference in his behavior for the first 2 times with the third time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1093

Hi Logu,

Very nice thread, keep it up.

Here is the answer :

The third time the conductor tried being good (stopping the bus means "good conductor"), there was a conduct in electricity that's why he died.
The first two times the conductor was bad(Insulator) :)).


Vaani Satish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1095

svani14 wrote:

Hi Logu,

Very nice thread, keep it up.

Here is the answer :

The third time the conductor tried being good (stopping the bus means "good conductor"), there was a conduct in electricity that's why he died.
The first two times the conductor was bad(Insulator) :)).


Vaani Satish


Hi Vani,

You got it. Really good thinking :) (I guess others are ready to beat me :P )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1099

svani14 wrote:

Hi Logu,

Very nice thread, keep it up.

Here is the answer :

The third time the conductor tried being good (stopping the bus means "good conductor"), there was a conduct in electricity that's why he died.
The first two times the conductor was bad(Insulator) :)).


Vaani Satish


Congratulations Vaani!!! You just saved Logu from getting beaten. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1115

Ok All, Lets have some interactive puzzle.

There is a family with Father, Mother, 2 sons and 2 daughter. They have to cross a river along with a Police and a thief. There is only one raft is available to cross the river. Everyone one has to reach the other side of the river in the raft.

The rules:

1. Only Father, Mother and the Police know how to operate the raft.
2. Father can not stay with any of the daughters without Mother's presence.
3. Mother can not stay with any of the sons without Father's presence.
4. Thief should not be stay with any of the family members without Police.
5. Maximum of 2 persons is allowed in the raft at a time.

Download the attached file for the interactive version. File is in .pps format.

This is really a very good puzzle. Some might have known this already.

Enjoy the puzzle.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1116

Logu wrote:

Ok All, Lets have some interactive puzzle.

There is a family with Father, Mother, 2 sons and 2 daughter. They have to cross a river along with a Police and a thief. There is only one raft is available to cross the river. Everyone one has to reach the other side of the river in the raft.

The rules:

1. Only Father, Mother and the Police know how to operate the raft.
2. Father can not stay with any of the daughters without Mother's presence.
3. Mother can not stay with any of the sons without Father's presence.
4. Thief should not be stay with any of the family members without Police.
5. Maximum of 2 persons is allowed in the raft at a time.

Download the attached file for the interactive version. File is in .pps format.

This is really a very good puzzle. Some might have known this already.

Enjoy the puzzle.


I couldn't attach the file. You can download the file from the following link :

www.esnips.com/web/logu-puzzle

Let me know if you any trouble in downloading the file. I will try to upload the file here in zip format tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1117

First the father takes thief
He comes back and takes the police
Now, he takes one son
And then one more son
This time he takes his wife and he stays back
Now, Mother goes and gets one daughter
And she gets the other daughter.
Now all of them are on the other side.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1119

:P
I ROCK, that doesnt mean am made of stone!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1122

I made a mistake :( But thanks for the file. Its really very interesting. I will try to solve it soon.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1123

  • DoesntMatter
  • DoesntMatter's Avatar
Nice puzzle Logu....


My solution is:

1) police takes thief and drops the thief...police comes back alone...now thief is on side 2...
2) police takes son1 and drops son1 on side2 and bring thief back to side1 ...now son1 is on side 2
3) father takes second son and goes across and drops him to side2..father comes back alone....now son1 and son2 are on the other side...
4) father and mother go to side 2, father stays on side2, mother comes back..now both son and dad are on the other side..
5) mother comes back to the first side and stays....police takes thief to side2 and they both stay there...dad brings the raft back...now both son, police and thief on the other side...
6) father and mother go to the next side..father stays back, mother brings the raft back...now police, thief, both son and father on other side...
7) mom comes back to first side, picks daughter 1 and takes her to the other side...father and mother bring the raft back..now police, thief, both son and daughter1 are on the other side....
8) father stays back on side1 while mom and daughter2 go to side 2 and daughter2 stays on side2....now police, thief, both son and both daughter are on the other side....
9) mom comes back alone and picks up dad and they both go to other side....every one is on side 2 without breaking ne rules..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1124

Logu wrote:

Ok All, Lets have some interactive puzzle.

There is a family with Father, Mother, 2 sons and 2 daughter. They have to cross a river along with a Police and a thief. There is only one raft is available to cross the river. Everyone one has to reach the other side of the river in the raft.

The rules:

1. Only Father, Mother and the Police know how to operate the raft.
2. Father can not stay with any of the daughters without Mother's presence.
3. Mother can not stay with any of the sons without Father's presence.
4. Thief should not be stay with any of the family members without Police.
5. Maximum of 2 persons is allowed in the raft at a time.

Download the attached file for the interactive version. File is in .pps format.

This is really a very good puzzle. Some might have known this already.

Enjoy the puzzle.




Here is the ans:

First police takes the thief
Police came back & takes mother
Mother came back & takes father
Mother came back & takes one of her daughter
Father came back & takes his one of his son
Father & mother both came back & mother takes her other daughter with her.
Mother came back & takes her hubby
then he came back & takes his other son.

Vaani.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1125

  • DoesntMatter
  • DoesntMatter's Avatar
there is a problem in your second step, when police takes mother...father stays behind with daughter on side1...and father can not be alone with daughter :)

svani14 wrote:

Here is the ans:

First police takes the thief
He came back & takes mother
Mother came back & takes her daughter one by one
Then She takes his husband
Father came back & takes his s
ons one by one.[/color]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1126

"father stays back on side1 while mom and daughter2 go to side 2 and daughter2 stays on side2....now police, thief, both son and both daughter are on the other side..."

That cannot happen as when mother goes to side 2 with daughter 2, she cannot stay with her sons. Hmmm, you got right till this step. How can daughter 2 be brought to the side 2?
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1129

  • DoesntMatter
  • DoesntMatter's Avatar
please read the solution carefully and you will see dad is never alone with ne daughter....i have tried to explain it again below but i will let Logu decide if its correct or not....


in step 6) father and mother go to side 2....and now father is on SIDE2 (without any daughters)..mother comes back to side1..dad not with any daughter....

step 7) mother and daughter go to side2.....daughter stays there..father comes back...DAUGHTER1 on SIDE2, DAUGHTER2 on side1..mom and dad on raft...dad not with any daughter...

step8) dad stays on SIDE1..mom and daughter2 on raft while daughter1 is on SIDE2 (from
step 7)....again dad is not with any daughter...


hope this makes it clear....


rupa131 wrote:

"father stays back on side1 while mom and daughter2 go to side 2 and daughter2 stays on side2....now police, thief, both son and both daughter are on the other side..."

That cannot happen as when mother goes to side 2 with daughter 2, she cannot stay with her sons. Hmmm, you got right till this step. How can daughter 2 be brought to the side 2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Puzzles 13 years 2 months ago #1130

  • DoestMatter
  • DoestMatter's Avatar
Disregard my previos post..i misread your concern....to answer your question....Mother is never without father on the side with any son, she is always in the raft transferring the daughter and father....


rupa131 wrote:

"father stays back on side1 while mom and daughter2 go to side 2 and daughter2 stays on side2....now police, thief, both son and both daughter are on the other side..."

That cannot happen as when mother goes to side 2 with daughter 2, she cannot stay with her sons. Hmmm, you got right till this step. How can daughter 2 be brought to the side 2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds