TOPIC: Places to visit in and around Triangle

Re:Places to visit in and around Triangle 13 years 6 months ago #8879

• Anonymous
Manoj Lover
Dont cry that your secret is out. You do care that we hate him as otherwise you would not be answering in the forum while he is hiding behind you back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Places to visit in and around Triangle 13 years 6 months ago #8880

My all time favorite place to visit in Triangle is Chatham Square (Little India) ...variety of Desi shops/eateries/twice a week farmers market...It refreshes me greatly..If you have not visited then please do it.

Below merging all places...Manoj fan can continue his touch of humor and his love for Manoj..:lol:

@ Satish , editor is now working..I could use colors today..also preview worked before posting :)

Places to visit in and around Triangle

By Satish :-

1. Museum of Natural Sciences at Raleigh. Great place for kids and to know more about North Carolina. Entrance is free. There are 4 floors of exhibits - naturalsciences.org/

2. North Carolina Museum of Art at Raleigh. Good place for art buffs and adults. Paintings and artifacts from all over the world. Some of the paintings from 14 century thru 19thru century are very good. Children may not like it. I took my 7 year old son and he did not like it. Entrance is free. www.ncartmuseum.org/

3. Observation deck at airport - I love this place. It is about 5 minutes drive from HSNC and very relaxing place. A small play ground for kids and you can watch flights take off and land every few minutes. Its usually windy out there and dress warmer than usual. We buy break fast from one of the fast food restaurants and spend an hour out there.

By A :-
1. Tour of Raleigh downtown.
2. Crab-tree Lake picnic
3. Bond Park
4. Lunch at a good restaurant on Glenwood avenue (preferably sitting outside) in downtown.
5. Shopping at South Point Mall
6. Biltmore Estate (not so close but can do it over a weekend)
7. Duke university
8. Chapel Hill area
9. Duke Garden
10. Planetarium
11. Outer Banks
12. Old Salem
13. Mountains...several days trip

By Siva :-
1. Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh was real fun for the kids.

2. Also the Hunted Maze in morris ville was great.

By KKunchakuri :-

1. I would suggest 'Grandfather Mountain' (For Fall colours) for guys who wanna have a day trip.

By Organizzed :-

www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/raleigh-us-nc-ral.htm#US-NC-D

By FairLover :-

The NC State Fair is coming up! I am sure its different and your parents and kids will love it!

Re:Places to visit in and around Triangle 13 years 6 months ago #8881

• Manoj Fan
Anonymous wrote:

Manoj Lover
Dont cry that your secret is out. You do care that we hate him as otherwise you would not be answering in the forum while he is hiding behind you back

What secrets are you talking of ? I also know many secrets but will keep quiet. I only care for the fact that you have so much of ill-will against Manoj ji whom I truly respect for his high thinking and logic. Kabir had said :-

Bura jo dekhan mein chala, bura na milya koy
Jo dil khoja apna mujh sa bura na koy

I looked for evil persons around me but could find none
when I looked with-in I found all evil inside me....

So, please don't think you are great. Accept greatness of others too. Don't think you have right to unfairly criticize even those who praise others like Manoj Sir because you don't like him. I don't think Manoj Sir is hiding, infact he is just waiting for you to write something and he can educate you better. Happy Diwali.

Re:Places to visit in and around Triangle 13 years 6 months ago #8883

• Manoj Fan
Lady from Cary,

Thanks. Good effort. Let me correct you - I don't love Manoj ji but admire and respect him for his wisdom. He is original in his thinking and not diplomatic and artificial like for example .... you can guess....We need a visionary like him in all walks of life. How hollow people are these days, even appreciation is taken as a sign of stupidity, anyway so be it. Had I joined others in making fun of Manoj Sir, they would all sent me friend request and said good things but just because I am singing a different tune, every one here is making fun of it but just see Madam they will not have the guts to challenge Manoj ji when he comments on a topic anyway.

Re:Places to visit in and around Triangle 13 years 6 months ago #8895

• satish
  • satish's Avatar Topic Author
@LFC, Thank you for summarizing all good and relevant replies. It is hard to believe that I have not taken my parents to Chatham square. They have been here for 4 months. I will take them sometime this week.

We have been to Farmers market couple of times and they liked it.

Colors started working after we upgraded the software recently. You are very sharp and recognize minute details.

Thanks
Satish

Lady_from_cary wrote:

My all time favorite place to visit in Triangle is Chatham Square (Little India) ...variety of Desi shops/eateries/twice a week farmers market...It refreshes me greatly..If you have not visited then please do it.

Below merging all places...Manoj fan can continue his touch of humor and his love for Manoj..:lol:

@ Satish , editor is now working..I could use colors today..also preview worked before posting :)

Places to visit in and around Triangle

By Satish :-

1. Museum of Natural Sciences at Raleigh. Great place for kids and to know more about North Carolina. Entrance is free. There are 4 floors of exhibits - naturalsciences.org/

2. North Carolina Museum of Art at Raleigh. Good place for art buffs and adults. Paintings and artifacts from all over the world. Some of the paintings from 14 century thru 19thru century are very good. Children may not like it. I took my 7 year old son and he did not like it. Entrance is free. www.ncartmuseum.org/

3. Observation deck at airport - I love this place. It is about 5 minutes drive from HSNC and very relaxing place. A small play ground for kids and you can watch flights take off and land every few minutes. Its usually windy out there and dress warmer than usual. We buy break fast from one of the fast food restaurants and spend an hour out there.

By A :-
1. Tour of Raleigh downtown.
2. Crab-tree Lake picnic
3. Bond Park
4. Lunch at a good restaurant on Glenwood avenue (preferably sitting outside) in downtown.
5. Shopping at South Point Mall
6. Biltmore Estate (not so close but can do it over a weekend)
7. Duke university
8. Chapel Hill area
9. Duke Garden
10. Planetarium
11. Outer Banks
12. Old Salem
13. Mountains...several days trip

By Siva :-
1. Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh was real fun for the kids.

2. Also the Hunted Maze in morris ville was great.

By KKunchakuri :-

1. I would suggest 'Grandfather Mountain' (For Fall colours) for guys who wanna have a day trip.

By Organizzed :-

www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/raleigh-us-nc-ral.htm#US-NC-D

By FairLover :-

The NC State Fair is coming up! I am sure its different and your parents and kids will love it!

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds