• Page:

TOPIC: Advice travelling with infant

Advice travelling with infant 7 years 6 months ago #29090

I have 3 months baby and Im travelling to india for 6 months duration with 3 month old baby and would like some advice as how much infant formula we can carry in checked baggage and carryon. Advice please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice travelling with infant 7 years 6 months ago #29093

The restriction is generally on the overall weight of the luggage - nothing in particular for a particular item esp infant formula. Ensure you check the expiry date.

You may also want to talk to your doctor as to which OTC meds you should carry for some regular baby ailments like upset tummy, cold, fever etc. Although, I'm sure you get all the meds over there.

Good Luck!

Advice travelling with infant 7 years 6 months ago #29094

Thanks for your reply and advice. I will definitely take all the meds. So can I carry 30+ boxes of 33oz formula in suitcase(nearly 1000oz powder). I am bit worried since the quantity I am carrying is lot and if there will be any issue.

Advice travelling with infant 7 years 6 months ago #29098

I woud recommend to get the baby adjusted to formula in India.. unless there is a specifc reason or type of formula you are using here which is not available in India. Carrying that much amount of forumla might cause unnecessary issues.. and with a three month old in the tow.. it just adds to the pressure.

You should talk to your doc and think about weaning your baby off US formula and getting used to India formula. We have had no problems doing this with my daughter whom we took to India about 7 months old. Same goes to diapers, and baby meds as well. Baby meds, no one usually recommends any at such an early age though.

vk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds