• Page:

TOPIC: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance

Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16629

Hi Friends,
Can anyone please help us with Continental / United International Baggage Allowance policy. I am tired of calling their customer care and could not receive any information.
If someone has recently travelled by Continental Airlines, please help me with their Checkin & Carrr on baggage allowance.
I heard that --
1. Carry on baggage weight they allow is 40 lbs / 18 kg.
2. Along with the Carry On Baggage (suitcase) and Laptop Bag, I can carry one more bag, how big it can be ?

I am travelling in few days and confused with the Baggage Allowance. Please help me here .

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16630

• Anonymous

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16633

Thanks for the response . I wanted to know about how much weight they allow in carry-On baggage.

Thanks.

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16634

• Anonymous

kmanish wrote: Thanks for the response . I wanted to know about how much weight they allow in carry-On baggage.

Thanks.

I don't think it is 40Lbs,should be 15 lbs only.
I will talk to friend and let you know,When are you flying?

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16638

• PPD
I went to India recently on United/Continental. They took my carry-on luggage and checked it and I was able to get it only in Bombay. Luckily I had another small bag with me. So I was able to put important stuff in that bag and kept it with me. I think weight is 18 lbs, not 18 kgs. I hope it helps.

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16641

IIRC, as long as your carry-on luggage is within the dimensions prescribed, there's no limit on the weight. Unless you decide to check-in then it's a different story. They carry-on luggage is only checked to ensure the size of it - you don't even have to put it on the wieghing scale.

kmanish wrote: Thanks for the response . I wanted to know about how much weight they allow in carry-On baggage.

Thanks.

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16642

Thank you all for the replies.

I contacted Continental today and they says it i 40 lbs (18 kg). Here is the link --
pss.united.com/web/en-US/content/news/travelnoticesecurity.aspx?camp=virtual_expert#offshore

I hope they will allow around 18 kg. :woohoo:

If someone has traveled recently, please share your experience.

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16654

• mailych
Take a print out of that page with you.

I have not traveled with United. With Etihad and Qatar airways carry-on was 8-10kg

Re: Continental/United airlines Baggage Allowance 12 years 1 month ago #16676

That is not true anymore, along with the dimensions they have started looking at the wait on Carry-on baggage as when I came from India last time they had me take some stuff out and transfer to the checked in baggage to make the wait under 8kg.

sanjus wrote: IIRC, as long as your carry-on luggage is within the dimensions prescribed, there's no limit on the weight. Unless you decide to check-in then it's a different story. They carry-on luggage is only checked to ensure the size of it - you don't even have to put it on the wieghing scale.

Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds