• Page:

TOPIC: AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos

AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8022

• ATEvents
  • ATEvents's Avatar Topic Author
Karaoke Night Enthralls the Triangle!
- reported by Manzoor Cheema
It started slowly with the diligent effort of one man - Shafi Parekh, and now the monthly Karaoke Night has emerged as a fascinating South Asian family entertainment in the Triangle area of North Carolina. With the sponsorship of South Asian media resources Apna Triangle and Cheema Communications, the Triangle Karaoke night boasted its biggest crowd on Tuesday, July 13th, and this may very well be just the beginning for this unique and much needed resource for South Asian community members. Triangle Karaoke night provides opportunity for people to re-live the nostalgic moments of old South Asian songs and transport themselves from exhausting mundane daily life to an imaginary glitzy Bollywood film-song scene in the presence of their friends and loved ones. There is only one criteria for participants, says Shafi, “if you can sing in your bathroom, then you sure can sing at the Triangle Karaoke Night!” All the participants, ranging from novices to burgeoning “music idols” receive generous applause. The Triangle Karaoke night takes place one Friday each month at the Tandoor Indian Restaurant in Durham, where people are transfixed around the Magic Sing Karaoke machine, boasting a collection of 3000 Hindi/Urdu, Punjabi, Gujrati, Bengali, South Indian and English songs. The event starts at 7pm with a dinner break at 8pm, which also features a short community presentation. The next Triangle Karaoke Night will take place on Friday, August 6th, 2010. Learn more about this event, provide feedback and sign up for songs at www.ApnaTriangle.com .

Pictures were provided by Manzoor from Cheema Communications.

Mr. Shafi Parekh (Standing in the fore-ground) is the one of the key organizers of the Triangle Karaoke Night.

Pic 1: Anjali Matange performed at the Triangle Karaoke Night on July 13

Pic 2: Dr. Khalid Aziz, Dr. Naveed Aziz and their daughter traveled from Fayetteville, North Carolina, to participate in the Karaoke night

Pic 3: Moh Hassan is a regular attendee of the karaoke night

Pic 4: Nikhil Garge received great applause for his singing talents

Pic 5: Rakesh Ravi is deeply absorbed while singing a Bollywood song

Sailaja received great cheers for singing a song from Titanic

Pic 6: Hugely talented singers, Shahzad and Sabiha Ansari are favorite duet of the Karaoke night

Pic 7: Sohail Masoodi is one of the loyal attendees of the Karaoke night

Pic 8: Sunaina David entertains the crowd with her wonderful performance

Pic 9: Tim Anderson delighted the audience by singing an English song

Here are some of the videos.

This song is from Titanic sung by Shilaja

Raatkali Ek khwab mei aayi by Nikhil

Rhim Jhim Gire saawan by Rakesh

Seema was a good entertainer to get those smiles on everyone. She promised us to make us laugh more during our next meetup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8023

Great video clips. Excellent representation. Lots of fun!!!

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8024

Good job everyone!!!

I liked the Titanic song. Very nice try. But i think you need to be cheerful :) You look serious Shilaja.

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8025

I really think she did a great job. Not her fault on the seriousness part We did have a little technical issue in her first song and I had asked her to keep the mike close to her because Shilaja is a finesse singer vs some folks who do not even need a mike. I am sure we will all feel a lot more comfortable and loose as we get into it more-Shafi

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8030

• Sailaja
Hello All,
Thanks for having me on the show.
I really enjoyed it.
Thanks Shafi ji for your support and all of you for your appreciation and suggestions.
Best Regards,
SAILAJA

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8034

The compliments were well deserved. You are a great addition to the Triangle talent. Keep on singing, stay well, and I look forward to seeing you at all of the future Triangle Karaoke events, and also look forward to sharing the Triangle talent like yours with others and am hoping for a larger turnout at future events. Sincere regards-Shafi

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8037

Nice to see the videos. Had a great time singing and listening wonderful songs after a long time.

Kind regards,
~Nikhil

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8038

Nikhil. No thanks required as you were very much part of the show. Thank you for coming and participating. Hope you keep coming and spread the word-Shafi

Re:AT Monthly Dinner & Triangle Karoake Night Videos 13 years 9 months ago #8041

• ATEvents
  • ATEvents's Avatar Topic Author
We are waiting for professional pictures from Manzoor. Until then here are some of the pictures ..

Congratulations! 13 years 9 months ago #8046

• Ranjitha
Applaud to all those who participated :) Good going guys!!! Keep it up!

I guess meetings are getting better every month. Nice to see many new names in "Forums"...

Congratulations AT for reaching more than 1000 members. All the best for the next milestone :)

Re:Congratulations! 13 years 8 months ago #8085

• seema kukreja
loved the show...watch out for my performance in next karoake..thanks everyone for posting great pics and videos, keep up the gud work!!-seema

Re:Congratulations! 13 years 8 months ago #8088

• fan
seema. We look forward to your performance. Just keep us laughing with your comedy.

Re:Congratulations! 13 years 8 months ago #8094

Seema! Look forward to seeing you and Aditya again. Look forward to singing with you, and to your jokes. Keep on laughing and stay well-Shafi :)

Re:Congratulations! 8 years 9 months ago #27103

Friends....I am Nimesh, moved to RTP last year.

I was searching for Karaoke groups in RTP area and trying to find on by posting 2-3 Karaoke related posts. Although this post is old but I hope that there are still active Karaoke singers/groups and I get chance to connect & join.

Thanking in advance to all....
Looking forward to hear back & join upcoming Karaoke meet.

Best Wishes always!
Nimesh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds