• Page:

TOPIC: TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope

TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #596

• two_cents_of_hope
  • two_cents_of_hope's Avatar Topic Author
Hello ApnaTriangle members,

First of all, I would like to Thank Mr. Satish and Kubi for developing a very good website covering up all the activities in Triangle area.

I would like to give information about our organization here at NC State University and details of our upcoming fundraising event.

TWO CENTS OF HOPE
Two Cents of Hope (TCH) is a registered 501(c)(3) non– profit organization started by a group of Indian students at NC State University . We believe in empowering youth with education. We help to uplift the weaker sections of the society through the panacea - education.

Our foundation lies in the power of cents giving TCH its name. As J. Carney put it, "Little drops of water, little grains of sand, make the mighty ocean, and the pleasant land." We use coin boxes to collect loose change that is not generally used or thrown away. These individual cents together result in a collection that yields considerable amount of money, enough to give education to a poor student. We consider a firm footing for the rest of his or her life. We used to have our coin counting once in 3/4 months and each time we used to collect around $500-650 only from cents.

Apart from the coin collection our other sources of funding includes-Fund raising events (Trishna, Crescendo, Booth in Cary Diwali), Sponsors. Donations are not limited to loose change. Large sums are accepted as donations and you can sponsor any of the projects. Please visit the website to make donations. In the last 3 years TCH raised $21,689 and funded 77 projects which have benefited 270 students and 2 schools in India. To keep a coin box at your place or to know more about Two Cents of Hope, please email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

VISION
The vision of "Two Cents of Hope" (TCH) is to create a responsible and self-sustaining society. We hope to achieve this by facilitating education to the aspiring children and youth, which creates opportunities to realize their potential and provide them with a spring board to scale new heights. TCH focuses on providing educational opportunities to deserving children and youth who crave to learn but cannot because of financial constraints and other such factors. The organization supports such deserving students against the harsh realities of life and makes an effort to help make their dreams come true.

TRISHNA

Trishna (the thrist for knowledge )is our annual fund-raising event. Trishna is an expression of various arts, a showcase of talent of local artists held at Stewart Theatre, NCSU. This year's event will be held on September 12, 2009 between 5:30 - 8:00 pm. Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Below the few pictures and videos from Trishna'08.

We would like to have the support of ApnaTriangle members for our event to raise more funds for the students.

So, come, join us and help make a difference!

Regards,
Two Cents of Hope
www.twocentsofhope.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #597

• two_cents_of_hope

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #599

• two_cents_of_hope
Odissi Performance

http://picasaweb.google.com/r.logunathan/Trishna02#5346615325387143778
Attachments:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #600

• two_cents_of_hope
Fire and Hoop performance:

Attachments:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #601

• two_cents_of_hope
Fire and Hoop Performance 2:
Attachments:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #602

• two_cents_of_hope
Fire and Hoop performance 3:
Attachments:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #603

• two_cents_of_hope
Chinese group:
Attachments:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #604

• two_cents_of_hope
LED Twins:

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #607

:)Lognathan, good to know about "Two Cents Of Hope". Great pictures...Fire and hoop performances are amazing..I am seeing them for first time.First and last post is blank..I could not see anything...may be I will try later.Good work.

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #612

• two_cents_of_hope
Lady_from_cary wrote:

:)Lognathan, good to know about "Two Cents Of Hope". Great pictures...Fire and hoop performances are amazing..I am seeing them for first time.First and last post is blank..I could not see anything...may be I will try later.Good work.

Thanks Lady from Cary :). There is some problem with the video in the post. Will rectify it soon.

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #613

Loganathan,

Wonderful coverage on the event. Thanks for sharing with us and educating us about the organization.
Very nice pictures of the fire hoop. I never saw this in real. I wish I knew about this organization before. Please do write a brief article about Trishna 09 at least 1 week before the event date. This will help the AT members remember and attend the event.

I see that the videos were not displayed. Do you need any help with that?

Thanks

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #618

Loganathan,

To upload your videos select from the dropdown list of the video. For example if it is from youtube,

Select the youtube in the video list, then this code is displayed

Then in between this code just paste the file name of the youtube not the whole url. example if the url is http:/youtube.com...........v= ........

then you need to just copy and paste the file name after "= sign" that is RhKIf88aSzM

Similarly for other videos. I think we have some issues with the google videos. You may have issues if it is google videos.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you still need any help.

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #620

• two_cents_of_hope
Thanks Kubi for helping out with the videos. I will provide more information about this year's event sometime before the event date. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
Logu.

More videos : Salsa

Re:TRISHNA - Two Cents of Hope 14 years 10 months ago #621

• two_cents_of_hope
Aaja Nachle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds