• Page:

TOPIC: India Fest 2011

India Fest 2011 13 years 3 weeks ago #11490

• karendcarpenter
  • karendcarpenter's Avatar Topic Author
I just moved to Raleigh. I saw the advertisement for India Fest in the News and Observer Newspaper and attended. I was thrilled! A small girl chatted with me about Indian culture, I bought many lovely clothes, good food, enjoyed the concert on Saturday night. I was positively impressed by the many multigenerational families who made me feel so very welcome. My wish for next year is that the newspaper carry a specific listing of the times of the upcoming specific events. Not being sure of what I would see at the Festival, I arrived at the wrong times and missed many events I would have enjoyed. I shared the handouts I got at the festival with several Indian teenagers who take a swing dance with me. I asked they why they did not attend the Festival and they told me "I would have gone but I didn't hear about it." How can you inform Indian teens living in Raleigh? The photoes and videos posted are beautiful!
Photoes and videos of the event should be made into posters and placed where teens gather, in middle schools, high schools, social clubs, at movie theaters and Blockbuster stores.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:India Fest 2011 13 years 3 weeks ago #11491

Karen, Nice to hear that you enjoyed visiting India Fest. Thanks for the ideas on reaching out to Teens. I will pass this info to NuvYug (organization behind India Fest).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds