TOPIC: Does Kumon really helps?

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 4 months ago #4472

Thanks LFC for your advice..Will try first before enrolling him...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 4 months ago #4724

• AM
We like this program. My daughter was attending Leap N Learn for past 3 months. We see lot of improvement. At $75 a month I think we are getting lot of help for my daughter

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 3 months ago #5064

• CT
Kumon is great for 1-2 grade to get them up to speed. However, from my experience, Kumon kids fail to understand logic in word problems.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 3 months ago #5239

• AM
We are extending our commitment with Leap N Learn for our daughter as we see good progress in her. I think this is a good program.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 2 months ago #5791

• New to NC
We moved to NC. My son is in 1st grade in Morrisville elementary school. He used to go to Kumon back there. Here looks like we have a choice between Kumon and Leap N Learn. Which is good here? We live in Morrisville

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 1 month ago #5984

Also kuon workbooks are also available in barnes and noble and helped a lot. I worked as teacher and I really like
to undersatand first and then do it. Accuracy and confidence comes automatically.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 14 years 2 weeks ago #6307

• New to NC
We took the 1 month free offer at Leap N Learn. We joined him for both subjects after the free month is over.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 13 years 7 months ago #8611

• Rajini
Hi Folks,

There is new program out there called Aloha Mind Math. My 5 year old goes there, they spend solid two hours of classroom teaching Abacus methods. Initially I thought two hours after regular school is overkill, but its working good.

They are here in Morrisville, if you folks wants to try it out.

Rajini

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 13 years 7 months ago #8616

• JS
My friend's son is 7 years old and I saw him going to Kumon from last 2 years and she is very happy. She said that he is ahead of his age group as far as maths and reading is concerned.

But I too liked Aloha a lot after watching their VDO's. My daughter is 2.5 right now and I am waiting for her to turn 5 soon so I can learn from her doing maths using Abacus :)

But Aloha is not for english.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 13 years 6 months ago #8706

• Lisa
My child has been using Kumon for a while. We liked it at the beginning. It helped my child in math calculation skills. But over time, the benefit is no longer that visible and we feel more pressure on its monthly bills. Then we accepted the advice from our neighbor, and started to do the free math on Beestar. To my surprise, she loves the 10 quick questions very much and it really helps kids thinking. Pretty great. Plus, I also don’t have to drive her to kumon.
Lisa

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 13 years 1 month ago #11265

• eMath360
Your message has been removed. No advertising on forums.

Thanks
AT Moderators

Re: Does Kumon really helps? 12 years 2 months ago #16280

• Anonymous
I took kumon for about four years. I got all the way up to level J in mathematics and I think it helped ALOT! I catch on in class much faster than other kids, and I'm really happy with it. Today, I have two year advanced placement in school. Even though they make you repeat things OVER AND OVER, it's part of the learning process. They want to make sure you get it.

Re: Does Kumon really helps? 12 years 2 months ago #16325

• Helps in SAT
Kuman english will make the kids perform very well in SAT exams. 2/3 or 3/4 of SAT is on English. To score good in English, preparing at the last minute will not add much. Kuman training will definitely add value to students score.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 12 years 2 weeks ago #17135

I am planning on visiting your facility... My son is going to Kindergarten this year... Do you have openings?

Thanks

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 11 years 9 months ago #18659

• Anonymous

MIT student wrote: Leap n Learn is just a ripoff of Kumon. Kumon is actually based off the research of neuroscientists. Look up the works of Dr. Ryuta Kawashima.

And kumon does have math work problems. Dunno what that other guy is talking about.

I totally agree with Abc & A, I heard about Aloha from my neighbor., hes been sending her
for 11/2 yr now, first he had doubts about the length the 2 hrs class but one thing caught me was I ask that kid numerous questions, she solves in secs, worth to try, will let you know once we start.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 11 years 9 months ago #18660

• Anonymous

A wrote: Well said ABC. Any additional work help - that is the bottom line

A

ABC wrote:

So your solution is for them not to waste money at Kumon and come to your business and waste money there

I totally agree with Abc & A, I heard about Aloha from my neighbor., hes been sending her
for 11/2 yr now, first he had doubts about the length the 2 hrs class but one thing caught me was I ask that kid numerous questions, she solves in secs, worth to try, will let you know once we start.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 11 years 9 months ago #18661

• Anne

New to NC wrote: We moved to NC. My son is in 1st grade in Morrisville elementary school. He used to go to Kumon back there. Here looks like we have a choice between Kumon and Leap N Learn. Which is good here? We live in Morrisville

Honestly between both i would prefer Kumon, but if you are ready to explore Abacus is worth trying too, they have one here too I think.

Re:Does Kumon really helps? 11 years 9 months ago #18662

• Jennifer

JS wrote: My friend's son is 7 years old and I saw him going to Kumon from last 2 years and she is very happy. She said that he is ahead of his age group as far as maths and reading is concerned.

But I too liked Aloha a lot after watching their VDO's. My daughter is 2.5 right now and I am waiting for her to turn 5 soon so I can learn from her doing maths using Abacus :)

But Aloha is not for english.

No they have introduced English couple of months ago & if i am not wrong they have certifued english teachers in all Alohas.

Re: Does Kumon really helps? 11 years 9 months ago #18665

• advice help.
I tried Kumon for math with my son for 6 months. he didn't like it. now he is going to aloha-abacus for math & he likes it.I saw good progress on him. I haven't try reading with him.

Good Luck :)

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds