• Page:

TOPIC: Open Letter to Unhappy Camper & Raleigh-AT mods

Re: Open Letter to Unhappy Camper & Raleigh-AT mods 12 years 11 months ago #12042

• Supporter
Unhappy Camper - I applaud the points that you've taken the time to write out.

Mods - you should make this thread sticky so that other people looking for general information about the area have access to this information this poster has taken the time to write out. These are good tips for ANYBODY in a new situation.

Although I didn't read the thread that got taken down about your original situation, I hope your matter gets resolved in the best manner possible.
The topic has been locked.

Thank you, supporter 12 years 11 months ago #12049

Supporter,

Thank you. I am sure with networking within tbe community, getting right information, gaining knowledge of the law, learning their citizen's rights and overall exercising on their good sound instincts, most vulnerable groups can avoid being unforunately embroiled in ugly and unjust victimization of any sort. But stuff happens! On our collective part, we really need to make our communities as safe as possible and enjoyable, for those coming in here from other cities/countries. Beyond the world of food art and culture, which we love as Indians is also a world, that is danegrous with people oftentimes within our own ! lurking around taking advantage of others. Today an incident lke this goes unnoticed or unreported, tomorrow it could be your sisters/wives/young students-your children!, who would similarly be negatively affected, maybe worse, hence due timely alerting of any thing that disturbs the peace and safety of people and their property, should be the duty of all of us as good citizens, and encouraged without fear of rebuttal, retaliation and censosrhip. It is extremely important that Indians living in RTP and Triangle areas at least have their own internal regular watch-board system, where people should be free to report in confidence and if permitted, also alert others publicly to caution them of any untoward activity they have seen/experienced so that others do not fall victim to the same. This could be a TV channel, radio station or a newspaper or website: it is VITAL that such a medium exists which at the same time also offers privacy and protection to the caller/vitims.
And I cant emphasise enough the importance of setting up a private forum for women and other susceptible groups, to seek guidance, to band together for support, and perhaps even network with lawyers and govt.agencies, for redressal of their grievances of such and /or maybe even other (graver) natures,crimes that are hepenning that are going unreported. There are Indian groups like these that I know of, in big cities like Atlanta and Houston, etc, which meet on a regular basis in actual phsyical surroundings to help counsel and empower women and famnilies, esp newcomers,those who feel victimised, threatened,trapped,raped,molested, robbed,abandoned,cheated etc : All these are criminal in one form or another, so in some cases although the perpetrator may even get away, but the victim would still need to be counselled regardlesss so that her/their life goes on.

I am glad that people such as yourself are finding value in my few tips and pointers to allow for as safe and as stress-free life as possible for we Indians in RDU. And I do know that there is a lot of other people can contribute to this thread just as well :-)
The U.S can be a great place to live, work and contribute positively to society, unfortunately, and unavoidably, people exist who can and do make it difficult for us, with their unethical and/or anti-social ways.

Re: Thank you, supporter 12 years 11 months ago #12050

• call4help
When I read this discussion it feels like situation is too dangerous in foreign country? Is it so or your experience was one in million? You write about some groups in ATlanta, Please name few such groups that you are aware of. Are you planning to start similar efforts in Triangle?

Unhappy camper wrote: Supporter,

Thank you. I am sure with networking within tbe community, getting right information, gaining knowledge of the law, learning their citizen's rights and overall exercising on their good sound instincts, most vulnerable groups can avoid being unforunately embroiled in ugly and unjust victimization of any sort. But stuff happens! On our collective part, we really need to make our communities as safe as possible and enjoyable, for those coming in here from other cities/countries. Beyond the world of food art and culture, which we love as Indians is also a world, that is danegrous with people oftentimes within our own ! lurking around taking advantage of others. Today an incident lke this goes unnoticed or unreported, tomorrow it could be your sisters/wives/young students-your children!, who would similarly be negatively affected, maybe worse, hence due timely alerting of any thing that disturbs the peace and safety of people and their property, should be the duty of all of us as good citizens, and encouraged without fear of rebuttal, retaliation and censosrhip. It is extremely important that Indians living in RTP and Triangle areas at least have their own internal regular watch-board system, where people should be free to report in confidence and if permitted, also alert others publicly to caution them of any untoward activity they have seen/experienced so that others do not fall victim to the same. This could be a TV channel, radio station or a newspaper or website: it is VITAL that such a medium exists which at the same time also offers privacy and protection to the caller/vitims.
And I cant emphasise enough the importance of setting up a private forum for women and other susceptible groups, to seek guidance, to band together for support, and perhaps even network with lawyers and govt.agencies, for redressal of their grievances of such and /or maybe even other (graver) natures,crimes that are hepenning that are going unreported. There are Indian groups like these that I know of, in big cities like Atlanta and Houston, etc, which meet on a regular basis in actual phsyical surroundings to help counsel and empower women and famnilies, esp newcomers,those who feel victimised, threatened,trapped,raped,molested, robbed,abandoned,cheated etc : All these are criminal in one form or another, so in some cases although the perpetrator may even get away, but the victim would still need to be counselled regardlesss so that her/their life goes on.

I am glad that people such as yourself are finding value in my few tips and pointers to allow for as safe and as stress-free life as possible for we Indians in RDU. And I do know that there is a lot of other people can contribute to this thread just as well :-)
The U.S can be a great place to live, work and contribute positively to society, unfortunately, and unavoidably, people exist who can and do make it difficult for us, with their unethical and/or anti-social ways.

Help groups for women & families new to the U.S 12 years 11 months ago #12062

Call4help,

My situation while completely criminal and shocking, was unusual but not one-in-a-million. You'd be surprised to know that crimes like these (AND FAR WORSE!) occur on a daily basis on Indian women in America, and more often than not, never reported or brought to public knowledge. Yes, I do intend to participate passionately in such a cause as I've been doing in the past, both overseas and in the states, through my active work in Indian arts & culture mainly for charitable causes exactly such as this, where help is given to those who need the help.

Thanks for your interest. I'm sure you will hear more very soon in due course.
P.S : FYI, Not just Atlanta, most big cities in the United States have a group that protects and guides Indian women on their basic rights against crime and wrongs.

It was worth 12 years 11 months ago #12065

• women4women
I feel writer brought forward many useful points. She has gone throuhg very bad experience which no-one , new or old, should face. I think we need to watch out for those who take control of law in their hands and behave badly and report cases like this. If landlords like that man are allowed to get away, more and more people like him will be encouraged to behave in a criminal way. We dont want tomorrow that our young girls who come here to study/work, take up room in other's houses, single women, young families etc be victim of such behaviour and treated liek this poor woman was.
Unhappy camper, I appreciate your writing and coming forward.

Nightmare on Raleigh St 12 years 11 months ago #12073

IsItWorth,

Yours is one thread I did not reply to earlier. You asked if it was "worth" coming here to start online "fight show"following my nightmare experience in a Raleigh house.

This was not a "fight show". When your civil rights are grossly violated, your basic dignity violated by someone and personal effects stolen, by a crazy anti-social person, someone who has not been given enough cause to do the above-mentioned,I'm sure you too, will be angry enough to leave NO room for playing coy and/or running frightened.
If writing about it in a public forum saved others from a similar fate, then I'm glad I wrote., because there is NO telling what such a crazy dangerous person can do further.

Yes, it is NOT easy to live "simple and honest" life, when desperate and crooked people try to extort from those working honestly in society and living a decent life, so when dishonest people try to rob you, become violent and leave you homeless,there is NO such thing as "dirty laundry" esp.in this case, which was an out-and-out open incident of extortion, harassment, and open theft, where criminal has even repeatedly disobeyed police orders. The fact that the criminal even retaliated here with half-baked defamatory statements about me, despite knowing fully well that charges have been filed against him in Raleigh PD, showed the level of his arrogance and audacity- both typical 'psychopathic' behaviours of criminals.

By coming here to write about it, a website he used to advertise the house, I feel I have cautioned people for if gone unreported, this incident (maybe worse) could happen again to someone else, to other unsuspecting victims from our community.

Again,my job was to warn, not slander.

And having done my duty, I will not be writing about this any more because just as the moderator rightly put, this is a legal case and any more direct details of the incident here, will harm my case.

(Although if moderators continue permitting,I may only write about safety tips for women and newcomers in a general sense, if that seems useful).

Thank you.

Thread under moderation -AT mods 12 years 11 months ago #12075

• Moderator's Avatar Topic Author
This thread is under moderation due to multiple ids from one IP address. This thread will be locked and NO MORE discussion on this matter is allowed.

Thanks
AT Moderators
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds