TOPIC: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 17 hours ago #16964

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
Totally agree yaar....there is always prime time in all programs... Prime timeis when the program gets max people to watch.

this time should be more for the dances like the Rajastani Pot dance,the Bhangra group etc.

Over all India fest did good this year,if they only removed couple of teengaers group of 6 grils groups , items from the prime time numbers like, the Chamak Challo , the number inrainbow t shirt and turcoise tank top, the number in white tank top ( that too adult groups doing this).

What kind of costume is black slack and a tank tops is anyway.. for lack of creativity...and time teenagers got together making groups of 6. Parents common where did your guidance go...why should one blame organizers even... waht canone say one of those groups was adult group even... :-)

Over alltheprogramwas big success thanks to dedicationof the Organizers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 16 hours ago #16966

Dear All,

Please provide your feedback directly to Nuvyug. Nuvyug may not like the feedback from the Anonymous users, since they do not carry value. If you like to get in touch with them, please send us an email and I'll provide you with the details to contact them.

Regarding the videos, Satish was there on time to take the videos, but he had to step out for some reasons. Its surprising that there are more than 2,000 visitors a day on ApnaTriangle and not a single member came forward to help.
If you like to see all of the videos next time, please come and help.

Thanks
AT Moderators.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 16 hours ago #16967

• Anonymous
Absolute waste of time -going or watching video. Prime time slot is allocated to people who pay for advertisement or friends. People looking at the auditions have no clue about dancing to start with. I stopped going lonnnnng time back.

Total mess, lousy food, people shopping and NO ONE WATCHES except parents watch the effort of KIDS.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 15 hours ago #16968

@Mods:

Maybe I smell some anger in your tone for someone asking for videos that were not recorded in the earlier time-slots. Considering that you'll were the Media sponsors ( www.nuvyug.net/ highlighted in the left-panel), shouldn't the ATer's expect the videos from ya'll?

Or does the Media sponsor record only the shows they wish to record? You'll have set a certain standards over the years to provide all the videos of most of the cultural events in RTP and ATers do expect the videos if you'll are the official media sponsors.

I can understand Satish had to step out for some reasons, he could have asked for help - I am sure many parents would have stepped up to cover him.

Moderator wrote: Regarding the videos, Satish was there on time to take the videos, but he had to step out for some reasons. Its surprising that there are more than 2,000 visitors a day on ApnaTriangle and not a single member came forward to help.
If you like to see all of the videos next time, please come and help.

Thanks
AT Moderators.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 15 hours ago #16969

• kruti
  • kruti's Avatar Topic Author
Please reject adult items that present item numbers from no won please... very wrong example to the kids.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 15 hours ago #16970

• Anonymous
I agree. Very bad examples for kids. Indian culture heading to drains - India Fest means show the bad side of India - total mess, silly and vulgor bollywood dances, lack of total artisitic ability, noise

kruti wrote: Please reject adult items that present item numbers from no won please... very wrong example to the kids.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 15 hours ago #16971

• AT Supporter
  • AT Supporter's Avatar Topic Author
For people who don't see their videos here please dont be discouraged, you can always post your own performance videos here for everyone to see. AT has never stopped anyone from doing that.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 15 hours ago #16972

• Kruti
  • Kruti's Avatar Topic Author
Hey buddy you are goign little over now.. :woohoo:

India fest is the best organization that promotes good indian cultural get together, lot of fun and kids have goo stage exposure and have fun. Please do not blame the entire festival because of one or 2 groups.

It is more on mom's and adult group fault if you ask me.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 13 hours ago #16977

• ubrakadubrah
  • ubrakadubrah's Avatar Topic Author
Kinda tired of seeing bollywood numbers being performed by wannabe strippers under the guise of Indian culture. These events should have two sections... bollywood and non-bollywood. Would love to be there for the non-bollywood part.

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 12 hours ago #16978

• Anonymous
:evil: WATCH YOUR WORDS....

Poluted mind is more dangerous you know... :evil: :angry:

Stop posting such poluted words.. when it comes to indian culture..

the appeal from Kruti etc make sense... but you are going overboard and using wrong language...

mind it please...many people kids perfrom to bollywood numbers...

India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 12 hours ago #16979

• Anonymous
@mods

I had my family participate in a couple of performances and i loved the enthusiasm with which they went about preparing for it. I would like to request you guys that if you guys do have the rest of the videos and pictures, please post them if you can. Appreciate all that you have done in covering this event.

Thanks,

An Indian.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 12 hours ago #16980

• ubrakadubrah
  • ubrakadubrah's Avatar Topic Author

Anonymous wrote: :evil: WATCH YOUR WORDS....

Poluted mind is more dangerous you know... :evil: :angry:

Stop posting such poluted words.. when it comes to indian culture..

the appeal from Kruti etc make sense... but you are going overboard and using wrong language...

mind it please...many people kids perfrom to bollywood numbers...

Just cause there is pollution around you doesn't mean you need to get polluted. Bollywood is not Indian culture and parents should know better.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 12 hours ago #16981

• Feedback
  • Feedback's Avatar Topic Author
My feedback: Change the name to 'Choas Fest' as there was nothing Indian about it besides mess and disorganization.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 11 hours ago #16982

• nuetral
  • nuetral's Avatar Topic Author
All I would like to say is my kids too perform pretty much every year @ India fest. I know like other poster said that noone other than the parent watches the kids perform on stage & it is very true. BUT BUT atleast it gave a platform for my kids who are just beginners to perform. If every organization asks for experienced dancers/performers where will kids get experience from?

That being positive about the program.......organizers are arrogant, board members beyond approach, if we try to discuss with them about improvement in quality they turn deaf ear.

since they are getting town of raleigh funding they may not really care for common (desi)man opinion.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 10 hours ago #16984

• Anonymous
You are right. Most parents think it is a platform. Let me rephrase..it is a stage only. No platform for any growth.

You are right about organizers and funding.

nuetral wrote: All I would like to say is my kids too perform pretty much every year @ India fest. I know like other poster said that noone other than the parent watches the kids perform on stage & it is very true. BUT BUT atleast it gave a platform for my kids who are just beginners to perform. If every organization asks for experienced dancers/performers where will kids get experience from?

That being positive about the program.......organizers are arrogant, board members beyond approach, if we try to discuss with them about improvement in quality they turn deaf ear.

since they are getting town of raleigh funding they may not really care for common (desi)man opinion.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 5 hours ago #16986

Sanju,

Sorry, I could not record all the videos.

Next time, I will ask for help in advance. Also, I want to set the expectation right, I will not be able to record all the videos, because I do not have the required battery and memory capacity.

I have recorded small kids performances from Sunday and I will upload them today.

Satish

sanjus wrote: @Mods:

Maybe I smell some anger in your tone for someone asking for videos that were not recorded in the earlier time-slots. Considering that you'll were the Media sponsors ( www.nuvyug.net/ highlighted in the left-panel), shouldn't the ATer's expect the videos from ya'll?

Or does the Media sponsor record only the shows they wish to record? You'll have set a certain standards over the years to provide all the videos of most of the cultural events in RTP and ATers do expect the videos if you'll are the official media sponsors.

I can understand Satish had to step out for some reasons, he could have asked for help - I am sure many parents would have stepped up to cover him.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 4 hours ago #16987

• AT Guy
  • AT Guy's Avatar Topic Author
In fact we rant & rave here so often on Apna Triangle, criticize to our heart's content (rarely do we praise) but all said, let us step forward to help out AT on such ocassions. Earlier, moderators did ask for help like in Diwali mela stall so similarly for such events, if help wanted message is posted it will coordinate the efforts. We had a professional videographer Mr Gogoi, wish he could help in such events too..at least those who get good publicity thru AT should return the gesture.

Let us folks make efforts to strengthen the website.

It serves a purpose in RTP.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 3 hours ago #16988

• Anonymous
AT is good. and thanks for the video's and updates. the point of video;s after 3:00 pm was only stated to emphasise the fact that there is prime time.

I think the main points are side lined here.
- Prime time slots are taken by bad numbers, jus tbecuase they are adult groups or teenage groups with latest hit bollowwod numbers. That is no qualification for getting good time slots.
- organizers should ban tank tops and black slacks , as costumes.
- organizers should reject Mom groups performing to sheela ki jawani numbers...
- Most importatnly mom groups should be more responsible and present true indian culture like the rajatani pot dance or Gidda etc.
- Mom's and organizers should discourage their teenage kids making groups of six girls and performing bad numbers on family functions like this they set wrong example. Do not copy every aspect of bollwood. Copy the good ones let the rest be for films..not for family shows.

Re: India Fest 2012 viewers feedback 12 years 3 hours ago #16990

Satish, no worries. It happens - no big deal. I know it's heck of a job and you'll have been doing quite well.

I just thought the message posted by the mods should have been more polite considering there was so much ranting going on in this thread.

I am sure you can handle the technical issues going forward since lot of parents have started relying on AT to provide the videos of such events. The parents are busy with other logistics so it's but natural they come to AT for the videos.

Don't downgrade your service levels for some technical reasons. Once you set the expectations, there's only direction it should go and it should on only up!

And yes, do request for help in advance or even at the venue. I am sure you'll find volunteers that can & will help you.

Keep up the good work!

satish wrote: Sanju,

Sorry, I could not record all the videos.

Next time, I will ask for help in advance. Also, I want to set the expectation right, I will not be able to record all the videos, because I do not have the required battery and memory capacity.

I have recorded small kids performances from Sunday and I will upload them today.

Satish

sanjus wrote: @Mods:

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds