Homemade Kasthuri Manjal (Wild Turmeric) powder for Face, Ac
100% Natural and powder prepared at home from scratch
Kasthuri manjal powder has lots of herbs mixed into which is very good for all the skin types. This powder has Kasthuri manjal (Wild Termuric), Poolang kilangu (White Termuric), Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioides), Manjanthi, Korai Kizhangu (Nagarmotha/Cyperus Rotundus) and lot more herbs in it. It's all 100% natural and homemade. Please see below benefits for more information.
- Spot Treatment: Mix it with water or honey and dab it on acne as a spot treatment, the anti bacterial & anti fungal properties of turmeric will work wonders on acne and scars.
- Mask: Mix a pinch of turmeric with milk to use it as a cleanser to naturally deep clean your skin from dirt or oils.
- Dark Circles: Use it on to get rid of dark circles under your eyes by making a dark circle turmeric mask.
- Glow: For a glowing skin add a pinch of turmeric to the pulp of tomato to make a face mask. Leave it on for 15 mins and rinse off.
- Anti Ageing: Turmeric contains anti aging properties that help to fight and reduce the apperance of fine lines and wrinkles.
1.Kasthuri Manjal Face Pack for Fairness/ Skin Whitening:
I haven't come across any ingredient that changes our skin color dramatically. Whenever I see an advertisement promising fair skin, I only think how misleading these advertisements are, spending billions of dollars to make us believe something that is not true. But there are natural ingredients that brighten our skin and kasthuri manjal tops that list. A simple homemade face pack made with kasthuri manjal powder and milk/ yogurt will brighten our skin considerably, if used regularly.
2. Kasthuri Manjal For Unwanted Facial Hair Removal:
Regular use of kasthuri manjal on the face as a face pack helps to retard facial hair growth. In our village, many homes have a small stone along with a small piece of turmeric in the bathroom. When women have their bath, they rub the turmeric on the stone and apply the paste on their face, this keeps the face blemish free and also removes facial hair. But this has to be done for a long time.
3. Kasthuri Manjal for Babies:
When the women gets pregnant in our place, we start preparing nalangu powder/ nalangu maavu/ bath powder. It is a powder made with kasthuri manjal and other herbs that keep the babies skin blemish free. We don't use kasthuri manjal for boy babies, we only use it for girl babies as it reduces the hair growth on their skin, if used regularly. I will post the recipe for it very soon in the blog.
4. Kasthuri Manjal for Acne & Acne Scars:
Kasthuri manjal is amazing for treating acne and acne scars. Unlike chemical filled acne creams sold in the market, kasthuri manjal acne treatment is very effective for treating acne and acne scars and does not have any side effects. A homemade face pack made with holy basil leaves and kasthuri manjal is very effective for acne and acne scars. You can fine the link for the recipe here. I have used regular fat variety of turmeric for the pack, but using kasthuri manjal is even more effective.
5. Kasthuri Manjal Bath Powder:
We make a wonderful bath powder at home with kasthuri manjal. It is made with white turmeric, kasthuri manjal/ wild turmeric, rose petals and green gram dhal. This bath powder is very fragrant, prevent skin diseases and does not strip of skin's natural oils.
Send an Email