RedHat - Full Time - Winston-Salem, possibly Raleigh NC
We have full time requirement for Red Hat System Administrator with competitive salary.
Please send your updated resume to email@example.com
The Red Hat System Admin will provide infrastructure platform and operating system engineering and administration. The candidate shall specialize in Red Hat Linux Enterprise systems. Duties will include designing, building and maintaining servers in an Intel/VMWare environment. Troubleshoot and coordinate with other members of the team to resolve problems and implement resolutions. The right candidate should have experience and knowledge required to manage, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain/design highly available solutions in an environment with multiple RHEL servers. Must work well with general guidance and be detailed and security oriented. Should have good oral and written communications skills, as well as good interpersonal skills. Must be in line with industry best practices, and be able to make recommendations to improve overall governance and support continuous improvement.
Significant scripting experience is required and experience automating sysadmin skills (server installation, patch management, configuration).
The Administrator will also identify and address gaps in tool-sets and environment that would delay areas of improvement to increase the overall sysadmin efficiency.
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field .
· Administering Red Hat servers
· Overall support growth and management of technical infrastructure for a 24x7 operation.
· Automation and configuration of servers with VMware vcloud
· Develop and maintain high availability and disaster recovery plans/processes for all services.
· Effectively triage and troubleshoot for a complex environment.
· Resolve critical system issues on a 24x7 basis including notification and coordination with individuals from various functional groups.
· Building, deploying, tuning and maintaining servers including but not limited to EMC Storage, VMWare servers, MySQL databases, HP Servers. Some minor manual labor is involved.
· Experience in design, deployment, operations, maintenance, script writing (shell/Perl/Python or other) managing enterprise class Red Hat Linux Enterprise systems is required.
· Experience in automated patch delivery systems, hardening, storage area network, and Red Hat basic servers is required (Apache, Bind, Yum Repos, NFS, etc.).
· Creating and supporting scripts to automate daily and ongoing tasks
· Building the Dev, QA and Staging environment
· 5 years RHEL management experience is required.
· RHCE/RHCSA highly desired.
· Experience working with Linux database systems such as Oracle, MySql, is preferred.
· JBOSS and cloud experience is a plus.
Thanks and have a great day.
Send an Email